“Great location and service”

St Julien Hotel and Spa
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Boulder
Reviewed June 23, 2014

The location is ideal for seeing Boulder. The service was excellent whether at the concierge desk or at the restaurant or on the patio eating breakfast outside. The rooms could be a tinge bigger, but we had a balcony (which is an upgrade not all rooms have balconies), which made a difference. The bathroom is very well equipped & spacious. But what we enjoyed the most was the great jazz/funk band playing in the Lobby our first night. We danced for hours. It was alot of fun. Note: there are complimentary bikes to ride around town with, but they are not very good. You would be better off to rent off the B Bike system located throughout town. The first 1/2 hour is free.

Room Tip: If staying there again would only select a balcony room. Otherwise room size is a bit small if you...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
StJulienHotel, General Manager at St Julien Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Dear ShelafromDanville,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent St Julien Hotel & Spa experience; I am so pleased you found the hotel to be ideal for your Boulder visit. I’m very happy to hear that our staff impressed you, and that your accommodations were to your liking. Our complimentary live music is offered in the lobby five nights a week during the summertime, which I’m glad you were able to enjoy. I do hope you return to St Julien on your next visit to the Boulder area.

Peter T. Walstra, CHA

Write a ReviewReviews (1,007)

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Deluxe hotel at base of boulder canyon. Short walking distance to Pearl street with shopping and restaurants. Lovely room with huge balcony, comfortable bed and amazing shower.Room service was great. Free bicycles outside hotel are great as town is bike friendly.I will return to this hotel when next visiting Boulder.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
StJulienHotel, General Manager at St Julien Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Dear JaguarMichigan,

Thank you for providing feedback from your visit. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations, St Julien Hotel & Spa’s central location, and that you were able to tour Boulder on our complimentary bikes. We very much look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Make sure you book a mountain view room.....it's worth it! The beds are very comfortable and the bathroom was large with a nice shower. The staff was very friendly and helpful especially the concierge. We wish we'd known there were free bicycles!

Room Tip: Get a mountain view room!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Jane S,

Thank you for sharing a little about your recent stay at St Julien Hotel & Spa. I am pleased that you enjoyed the views of Boulder’s Flatirons from your room, as well as the bed and bathroom. Our staff always strives to provide anticipatory service to all guests, and I am glad they were able to assist you during your stay. I hope you’ll visit again, and that next time you’ll be able to enjoy the complimentary bicycles.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

I agree that this hotel is luxury level with great service, nice indoor and outside common areas and excellent location to Pearl Street. I felt cramped and claustrophobic in the king bed mountain view room. It was so small there is no space for a closet - it is in the furniture with the TV. There is very little counter space for your belongings and virtually no space for the luggage. The bathroom was the highlight with a nice stall shower, separate toilet room with pocket door. The bed was comfortable. We stayed here for 3 nights at the beginning of June then we changed hotels to the Marriott Courtyard (for the next 5 nights) at the other end of Pearl Street and for approximately $150 less a night, free parking and a king suite which included a balcony, living room, bar area with small fridge and microwave and separate bedroom with comfortable bed and excellent lighting throughout, this was a good deal and very livable. The bathroom was no comparison to the St. Julien's. Next time in Boulder we will search for a vacation rental as we like a lot of living space.

Room Tip: ask for high up with mountain view
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kabear

Dear Kabear,

I appreciate you taking the time to review your recent visit to St Julien Hotel & Spa. I am pleased that your party enjoyed the hotel’s common areas, oversized bathrooms and location. I’m sorry you found your room to be small for your tastes. We do have a variety of room types available, including suites. I hope you expressed your dissatisfaction to a staff member and that alternative accommodation options were offered. I do hope you’ll stay with us again, on your next visit to Boulder.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

This was my third trip to Boulder and my third stay at the St. Julien. Beautiful rooms, comfy beds, fluffy towels and a balcony! Room service, housekeeping and front desk were excellent. The house car (with cutie driver Cameron) took us to the grocery store and back. The staff go the extra mile.

Room Tip: If you want to hear the music that is offered daily ask for a courtyard view. If you want to see th...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank mcarollo13

Dear mcarollo13,

We appreciate your thoughts on St Julien Hotel & Spa, and your continued patronage. I am pleased you enjoyed your accommodations, and that our staff has made your repeat visits exceptional. I’m also glad you were able to take advantage of our complimentary Boulder-area shuttle, and hope you return to St Julien again soon.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Best hotel in Boulder bar none. Denver, Colorado Native, being going to boulder and seeing shows there from The Who to Paul McCartney. Great location next to the Pearl St. Mall, close to The Hill and university.

Service is second to none, in room dining is fine, spa and sport preparation and rehabilitation services are available. The Sunday Brunch is guiltiness, but a must as it is also second to none.

This time I went for two nights, staying before and after my triathlon at the Boulder Reservoir.

I would recommend this hotel to my mother and my brothers. There is simply nowhere else to stay in Boulder. Try to get one of the balcony rooms in the summer. This way you can really enjoy the mile high air.

Enjoy!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Lioness WhtG-D,

Thank you for taking the time to review St Julien Hotel & Spa; we are pleased to be your go-to Boulder hotel. I am happy we have been able to accommodate you on so many occasions, and you have enjoyed so many of our onsite amenities over the years. I am also pleased that you’ve indulged in brunch at Jill’s Restaurant - it is a weekend guest favorite and a great way to reenergize after an eventful Boulder weekend - or a triathlon! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

I travel a lot for work, and this hotel exceeded my expectations in every way. The hotel itself is beautiful, inviting, and clean. The lobby is a great place to get breakfast in the morning or a night cap after a long day. My room had a great view and all the amenities including a sewing kit. We had our meeting during a very bad snow storm out east and the hotel was very accommodating. I will def be back!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank phillygal808
StJulienHotel, General Manager at St Julien Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Dear phillygirl808,

Thank you for sharing thoughts from your stay at St Julien Hotel & Spa. I am pleased you enjoyed your accommodations, the amenities (and views!) provided, and the hotel's lobby offerings. I hope you return again soon, hopefully next time for pleasure, rather than business.