“Deluxe accommodations in the center of Boulder” 5 of 5 stars
Review of St Julien Hotel and Spa

St Julien Hotel and Spa
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Boulder
Asheville, North Carolina
“Deluxe accommodations in the center of Boulder”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Make sure you book a mountain view room.....it's worth it! The beds are very comfortable and the bathroom was large with a nice shower. The staff was very friendly and helpful especially the concierge. We wish we'd known there were free bicycles!

Room Tip: Get a mountain view room!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
StJulienHotel, General Manager at St Julien Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Jane S,

Thank you for sharing a little about your recent stay at St Julien Hotel & Spa. I am pleased that you enjoyed the views of Boulder’s Flatirons from your room, as well as the bed and bathroom. Our staff always strives to provide anticipatory service to all guests, and I am glad they were able to assist you during your stay. I hope you’ll visit again, and that next time you’ll be able to enjoy the complimentary bicycles.

Peter T. Walstra, CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

I agree that this hotel is luxury level with great service, nice indoor and outside common areas and excellent location to Pearl Street. I felt cramped and claustrophobic in the king bed mountain view room. It was so small there is no space for a closet - it is in the furniture with the TV. There is very little counter space for your belongings and virtually no space for the luggage. The bathroom was the highlight with a nice stall shower, separate toilet room with pocket door. The bed was comfortable. We stayed here for 3 nights at the beginning of June then we changed hotels to the Marriott Courtyard (for the next 5 nights) at the other end of Pearl Street and for approximately $150 less a night, free parking and a king suite which included a balcony, living room, bar area with small fridge and microwave and separate bedroom with comfortable bed and excellent lighting throughout, this was a good deal and very livable. The bathroom was no comparison to the St. Julien's. Next time in Boulder we will search for a vacation rental as we like a lot of living space.

Room Tip: ask for high up with mountain view
1 Thank Kabear
Dear Kabear,

I appreciate you taking the time to review your recent visit to St Julien Hotel & Spa. I am pleased that your party enjoyed the hotel’s common areas, oversized bathrooms and location. I’m sorry you found your room to be small for your tastes. We do have a variety of room types available, including suites. I hope you expressed your dissatisfaction to a staff member and that alternative accommodation options were offered. I do hope you’ll stay with us again, on your next visit to Boulder.

omaha, ne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

This was my third trip to Boulder and my third stay at the St. Julien. Beautiful rooms, comfy beds, fluffy towels and a balcony! Room service, housekeeping and front desk were excellent. The house car (with cutie driver Cameron) took us to the grocery store and back. The staff go the extra mile.

Room Tip: If you want to hear the music that is offered daily ask for a courtyard view. If you want to see th...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank mcarollo13
Dear mcarollo13,

We appreciate your thoughts on St Julien Hotel & Spa, and your continued patronage. I am pleased you enjoyed your accommodations, and that our staff has made your repeat visits exceptional. I’m also glad you were able to take advantage of our complimentary Boulder-area shuttle, and hope you return to St Julien again soon.

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Best hotel in Boulder bar none. Denver, Colorado Native, being going to boulder and seeing shows there from The Who to Paul McCartney. Great location next to the Pearl St. Mall, close to The Hill and university.

Service is second to none, in room dining is fine, spa and sport preparation and rehabilitation services are available. The Sunday Brunch is guiltiness, but a must as it is also second to none.

This time I went for two nights, staying before and after my triathlon at the Boulder Reservoir.

I would recommend this hotel to my mother and my brothers. There is simply nowhere else to stay in Boulder. Try to get one of the balcony rooms in the summer. This way you can really enjoy the mile high air.

Enjoy!

Dear Lioness WhtG-D,

Thank you for taking the time to review St Julien Hotel & Spa; we are pleased to be your go-to Boulder hotel. I am happy we have been able to accommodate you on so many occasions, and you have enjoyed so many of our onsite amenities over the years. I am also pleased that you’ve indulged in brunch at Jill’s Restaurant - it is a weekend guest favorite and a great way to reenergize after an eventful Boulder weekend - or a triathlon! We hope to see you again soon.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I travel a lot for work, and this hotel exceeded my expectations in every way. The hotel itself is beautiful, inviting, and clean. The lobby is a great place to get breakfast in the morning or a night cap after a long day. My room had a great view and all the amenities including a sewing kit. We had our meeting during a very bad snow storm out east and the hotel was very accommodating. I will def be back!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank phillygal808
StJulienHotel, General Manager at St Julien Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear phillygirl808,

Thank you for sharing thoughts from your stay at St Julien Hotel & Spa. I am pleased you enjoyed your accommodations, the amenities (and views!) provided, and the hotel's lobby offerings. I hope you return again soon, hopefully next time for pleasure, rather than business.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights in a mountain-view room and basically had to fend for ourselves. A local wedding--held right in the lobby, they don't seem to have event rooms--displaced hotel guests literally and in spirit. Service was just nonexistent. Housekeeping had to be called for everything from a shower cap to a corkscrew. The spa is attractive but they had no towels for the showers, and no attendant--not what you want to discover after a massage with oil. Dirty plates stayed in the hallway for a day, along with a half-filled glass of red wine balanced on a windowsill. The concierge advertised a dinner at a local restaurant but then couldn't get us a reservation. When we needed our car at 6 am to go to the Denver airport, their parking garage hadn't opened and we waited and waited...finally the lone person manning the front desk went and got it for us. We tipped everyone, constantly, and that helped, but it is tiring to have to put in so much effort when you thought you were checking into a luxury hotel.

Room Tip: Mountain view rooms on the third floor include a view of guests in their bathrobes on second-floor b...
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank 982joanb
Dear Joan B,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and concerns regarding your recent St Julien Hotel & Spa stay. I would like to apologize for any and all challenges you faced while in our care. While events that take place in one of our private event spaces sometimes flow into the lobby, we never wish to make other guests feel inconvenienced or displaced. I also apologize for your challenges with housekeeping. There is no excuse on our end, and I will be sure to bring your concerns to the attention of our staff. I regret that you had a hard time retrieving your vehicle, although the public parking garage adjacent to our property is not owned or operated by St Julien Hotel & Spa (we do offer valet as a convenience to guests who do not wish to find parking on their own).

I’m sorry to hear your stay with us was anything less than exceptional; I hope you return to St Julien again in the future, and allow us to display the standard of service for which we are known.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Top shelf all the way. Nice outdoor facility. They are near the mountains and most rooms have a great view.
Very close to thePearl Street mall and lots of great restaurants.
I have stayed there around 6 or 7 times and it is one of nicest places that I have stayed.
Some of the staff ever recognized me from previous stays.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Reverenkeith,

Thank you for your continued loyalty to St Julien Hotel & Spa; I sincerely appreciate your feedback. I am pleased that you have enjoyed the convenience of our location and mountain views on so many occasions. I do hope you plan another visit soon, as your repeat patronage is the best compliment we can hope to receive.