“Lovely Boulder Experience”

St Julien Hotel and Spa
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Boulder
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This hotel is a first class experience in the heart of Boulder. Only one block from Pearl St where you can find so many great restaurants and fun shopping; the hotel also has a very happening bar scene and a lovely restaurant, although a bit more upscale than most on Pearl St. The service is first-rate and all staff go out of their way to make sure guests are happy. We have always found everyone to be courteous and helpful. It does book up way in advance for any sort of University of Colorado event (Parents Weekend is impossible!) and at those times it's pretty crazy and not the oasis offered during non-peak times.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
StJulienHotel, General Manager at St Julien Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear Linda K,

Thank you for your review of St Julien Hotel & Spa. I'm pleased you enjoyed the Hotel's prime location, near Pearl Street, and that you were also able to experience T-Zero and Jill's Restaurant during your stay. Most importantly, I'm happy to hear you found our team to be friendly, helpful and polite. We look forward to your next visit.

Peter T. Walstra, CHA

Write a ReviewReviews (1,000)

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We stayed here for a wedding weekend. Everything from the concierge before we arrived, to the salon, and the rooms were amazing! Also enjoyed the Sunday brunch. This hotel far exceeded our expectations and we will definitely recommend this hotel to everyone and will definitely return in the future!

Stayed: October 2013

Dear Tami0408,

Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent stay with us. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed our accommodations, as well as the salon and Sunday Brunch. It's always wonderful to hear we exceeded a guest's expectations. We hope you'll stay with us again.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Beautiful hotel inside and out... The Bed was very comfortable and the linens were quite luxurious. Staff was very helpful, especially the Concierge... Quite expensive, but worth the splurge. There really is only valet parking if you are staying overnight for an additional $20.. Location is perfect and within walking distance to Pearl Street mall and wonderful restaurants. The bathrooms are amazing!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Paula35805

Dear Paula35805,

Thank you for taking the time to share details of your recent stay at St Julien Hotel & Spa. I'm pleased you enjoyed your accommodations – from the beds to the bathrooms – as well as the Hotel's location and our concierge. One note about parking: We offer valet parking seven days a week, but there is also city garage parking adjacent to the Hotel for a fee. On weekends and holidays, however, the garage parking is complimentary.

We hope you'll visit again soon.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a few times now. I am always impressed with the service, quality and atmosphere. This trip was no different.

I arrived in Denver early Monday morning for a series of meetings. through Wednesday. Upon arrival at the hotel I was greeted at the reservation desk and promptly checked in sin spite of my early arrival (8:30am). Check in took less than three minutes and I was in room.

The rooms are always clean and bright when you arrive during the day. Great view of the Flatiron mountains right outside my window. Spacious work allowed me instant access to the Wi-Fi as well. The bathrooms are very smartly decorated with stone everywhere. A separate tub and shower area and the commode were in a small room as well. All the amenities are provided from sewing kits which includes replacement buttons to the large terry cloth robes.

The bell staff and concierge are always spot on and so helpful. From opening doors at every turn to providing suggestions for places to eat and things to do in down times.

Jill's has a wonderful chef and the atmosphere in that restaurant is impeccable. We had a reception there and the staff, food and drinks were very well done!

I know the price is a little steep but if you want to treat yourself or family this is the place in Boulder where you will be satisfied for the money spent.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Greg H,

First of all, thank you for your repeat patronage. I'm very happy to hear you were once again impressed with St Julien Hotel & Spa's service, quality and accommodations. I'm also pleased you were able to enjoy Jill's Restaurant on your most recent visit. We hope you'll continue to be our guest for years to come.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Spent 2 nights. Beautiful accommodation - great room design, beautiful bathroom with deepest tub I've ever seen. Right in the middle of downtown walking area. Staff from housekeeping to valets was first-rate. Concierge provided terrific suggestions. One small quibble - ate breakfast and dinner at Jill's. Service was slow and food, while good, was not hot. However with so many dining venues nearby there are other great choices of places to eat. I will return St Julien.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
StJulienHotel, General Manager at St Julien Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear EM,

Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent visit to St Julien Hotel & Spa. I'm pleased you enjoyed the hotel's design, location and service; however, I'm sorry to hear your dining experience at Jill's did not live up to our high standards of service. I am pleased to hear you'll make a return visit to our property.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Bar staff was terrible! We went with high expectations of an elegant experience. Waitress couldn't be bothered to take our order, then when she did was rude! Staff not experienced in high end guest services, belongs in a cafeteria. Over priced awful drinks! I love Boulder, have to believe there is a better place to go celebrate!

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank bsimmons599

Dear bsimmons599,

I'm sorry to hear your recent experience at T-Zero Bar was not up to St Julien Hotel & Spa's standards of service. I will share your feedback with our team directly. I hope you'll try T-Zero again, so we can demonstrate the high level of service we consistently strive to achieve.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Back recently from our trip, this is one I wanted to review - then I noticed the most recent review criticising it - but they stayed there in 2012! We stayed there 12 days ago...
This hotel is gorgeous - very luxurious. The room has great bedding, lighting, masses of hanging and drawer space. The bathroom has a fabulous shower and toiletries, with a lot of space. WiFi strong signal, free. Good coffee free in room and free water as well. Lengthy happy hour(s) in nice bar. Really great staff - friendly and helpful with ideas for what to do in Boulder. A late checkout happily provided for us. A really excellent hotel in a good central location within easy walking distance of restaurants and shops etc.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jacky P

Dear Jacky P,

Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent visit. We're pleased you enjoyed your accommodations at St Julien Hotel & Spa, as well as the hotel's complimentary wi-fi and bottled water, and most importantly, the level of service you encountered. We sincerely hope to have you as our guest again soon.