“Skip it.. Falling apart behind the scenes”

St Julien Hotel and Spa
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Boulder
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Staff shared secrets of the inner workings of the hotel.. No wonder they had no hot water during our stay. I guess it's just falling apart behind its wall sadly.
Service was that of a sophomore college student.. Not experienced in high end hotel lodging, guest needs.
We will not be staying in Boulder again. Thank you the Four Seasons in Denver!

• Stayed: November 2012
4  Thank Jeremiah C
StJulienHotel, General Manager at St Julien Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear Jeremiah C,

Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent visit. I'm sorry to hear you experienced challenges during your stay. I hope if you do return to Boulder, you will give St Julien Hotel & Spa another chance to demonstrate the level of service, and quality of accommodations that keep us consistently ranked as a Four-Star, Four-Diamond property.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We have been staying at the St Julien for what is now 7 years. This makes it our most visited from a large list of hotels. It is everything we want in a Boutique hotel stay. Nicely appointed rooms, fun atmosphere and friendly, hospitable staff.

We have never had a bad stay. The caliber of the accommodations and service had never wavered. Even when something is not right, they go out of their way to make it so.

Kudos to the management for maintaining a high standard.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Msk6261

Dear Msk6261,

Thank you for your repeat visits to St Julien Hotel & Spa. We strive to maintain a high level of service, and return customers are the best validation we receive to verify that we're meeting that goal. We hope to continue to welcome you as our guest for many years to come.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Stayed here for four nights while attending a conference. Nice hotel with largish rooms, stone bathrooms, and very comfortable beds. One block from Pearl St, which has a large assortment of restaurants and shops. Service was very good, and value was excellent, although we did get a conference rate. I stayed here for business but if I come back for a vacation with my wife this is where I will stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
StJulienHotel, General Manager at St Julien Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear livetotravelcdn,

Thank you very much for your review of your recent stay with us. I'm pleased to hear our rooms, beds, service and location made your visit enjoyable. I certainly hope you’re able to bring your wife to St Julien for a vacation.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Absolutely beautiful spot near Pearl Street mall. I felt refreshed and recharged after two nights. Near great restaurants and Boulder Creek trail. Great friendly staff, well appointed rooms, excellent fitness facilities, and great restaurant. Spa looks very good as well. I'll give that a try on my next visit here.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kurt W

Dear Kweezen,

I appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay at our property. I'm happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our amenities, including our fitness center and Jill's Restaurant. We always aim to have our guests depart feeling recharged and refreshed and I'm pleased to hear that was your experience.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

By far the best accommodations in Boulder- luxurious, clean, beautiful decor, great food and tasteful use of lobby/dining space. We stayed in Boulder for three nights and enjoyed every moment at the St. Julian. The staff is extremely professional and demonstrate the best customer service you could ask for. There is absolutely no other hotel I would recommend!

For a spa experience, you can expect quality locker rooms, showers, sauna, and an excellent steam room. While waiting for treatment, the spa lobby is comfortable, spacious and opens to the pool and jacuzzi. The couples massage is delightful and includes champagne afterwards to perpetuate your relaxation...

One major recommendation is to borrow the complimentary cruiser bikes available outside the front door. The location of the St. Julian allows for an easy ride down the Boulder Creek Path, quick cruises to nearby parks, and of course a fast pedal over to numerous restaurants and shops on Pearl St.

If you are looking for the best quality of hotel in Boulder there simply is no other choice than the St. Julian.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear RKtravel1,

Providing an exceptional experience for our guests is always our primary goal – I'm pleased that you enjoyed every moment of your stay at St Julien and had time to take out our complimentary cruiser bikes to explore Boulder, enjoy a spa treatment at our acclaimed Spa at St Julien and enjoy our food and beverage menu. We hope to have you stay with us to experience it all over again the next time you're in Boulder.

General Manger

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We recently spent four nights at the St. Juilen while visiting relatives. It is a beautiful hotel just a short walk from Pearl St. We arrived at around 5pm and I believe check-in is at 4:30. Check in was pleasant and smooth. Our room on the 3rd floor was a very long walk from the elevator. In route the hallway was lined with uncollected room service trays. Include glasses outside our door. For a hotel at this price point it did not present a good first impression.
The good:
Our room had a beautiful view of the Flat Irons and a small balcony to enjoy.
The room was nicely appointed. Very comfortable bed.
Staff was friendly and capable.
Tea on Saturday was sparse, but tasty.
The bad:
Nasty stain on the carpet by the bed.
Remote control needed batteries.
Try to call housekeeping, connected to the restaurant (twice), and person answering did not know how to transfer me (when make reservations for tea I mentioned the problems to the concierge who assured me some one would address the issues). Never resolved. Glad they provided slippers!!
The indoor pool was nice, but very few lounge chairs.
Bacon and eggs at breakfast took over an hour!

All this said I would return to try again, as the staff tried very hard to please, location and amenities were above par.

Room Tip: If you have trouble walking - ask for a room close to the elevators. Room 367 was a several minute...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank monkeyjah

Dear monkeyjah,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our central location, your room and its bed and views, and that you felt our staff tried hard to please. I'm so sorry to hear that there was a miscommunicaiton with our staff when it came to remedying the issues mentioned above. I will follow up with you directly to address your concerns.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Stayed at the St. Julien after moving my daughter into CU dorms. My husband never stayed there and so I wanted him to see what it was all about because all he has done is complain how much it is to stay there. Well, he was in awe!! He doesn't want to stay anywhere else for future visits. We booked through I Prefer and so you get perks like later check out and upgrade in room if available so we did get a balcony room. Service as always was top notch. Love the in and out valet of the car. Ordered room service twice, it was good and quick. Overall great customer service for our stay!! We had the most amazing couples massage at the Spa with champaign right after. We will be back, can't say enough about this hotel. It is the best in Boulder!

Room Tip: All rooms are great! Views on Pearl street side still give you mountain views. No bad rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear pmazcomm,

Many thanks for your kind review of St Julien Hotel & Spa. I'm happy to hear your husband was in awe, and even more so that you both enjoyed our property and all of our amenities, especially our level of service. I hope you and your husband will stay with us the next time you're in Boulder visiting your daughter at CU.