“Hard to Find Fault”

St Julien Hotel and Spa
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Boulder
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the St. Julien. The room was lovely, all the services, bar and restaurant were superb. And the downtown location couldn't have been better.

If I had to find a fault (and this is all I could think of) I would say the bathroom lighting is too dim.

We stayed in a room with a balcony and view of the flatirons. Forgetting that the location of the hotel is downtown, we were surprised that the view also included a busy, noisy intersection. However, in the room we didn't hear any traffic and I wouldn't hesitate to book that location again.

The St Julien is a wonderful hotel, truly the best by far in Boulder.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
StJulienHotel, General Manager at St Julien Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear Bahston,

Thank you for your compliments regarding St Julien Hotel & Spa's accommodations, service and dining options. We’re pleased to hear you enjoyed the hotel's location, and the Flatirons views it provides as well. We hope you'll stay with us again.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Flawless stay, very comfortable rooms, perfect location, friendly attentive staff, beautiful property, great spa/pool area, excellent restaurant (Jill's) and breakfast outside in the courtyard, live music on weekends in the garden. You cannot go wrong paying a little more to stay here!

Room Tip: 220 very quiet facing the back courtyard

Dear bbhouston,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at St Julien Hotel & Spa. It’s always a pleasure to hear that a guest found their experience with us to be "flawless." We hope to have you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Fantastic location within walking distance of Boulder High School and the Hanuman Yoga Festival. Also within walking distance of countless great dining options on their walking downtown mall. Really nice 4-5 star hotel that felt luxurious and private.You do not need to bring your shampoo or conditioner, the supplies in the room were amazing. From what I hear this is the nicest option in Boulder. I will definitely stay here if I go back!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Sarah L,

Thank you for the positive review of your recent stay at St Julien Hotel & Spa. I’m happy to hear the hotel's location provided easy access to your yoga festival, and that you enjoyed the in-room amenities offered. We look forward to your next visit to Boulder.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Before you even set foot in the St. Julien, you can smell the divine spa aromas wafting around the block. From the good smells, to the excellent customer service, to the beautiful bedrooms, you simply can't go wrong. It is a shame that Boulder is such a fun town bc it is tempting to just stay there and enjoy the great amenities at St. Julien. They have a great bar for a cocktail before all the great restaurants that are all within easy walking distance. Special shout out to Laurie the concierge and Peter at the front. Both made us feel extremely welcome.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
StJulienHotel, General Manager at St Julien Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear popartpooch,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback from your recent stay with us. I'm pleased you enjoyed all that the hotel has to offer to guests (including the aromas!). I’ll share your compliments with Lori and Peter directly. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We ate in the bar restaurant - T-Zero - of this resort and the food was NOT good (egg rolls from Costco? etc.) The waitress billed us 6 times with pending charges that were not ours?! Then speaking with the supervisor, he was disagreeable . We then called his manager, Brian A. the next day and he returned the call 3 days later, could have cared less about our experience! AMEX suggested I cancel my card, which I did and 3 days later when the manager called, he simply said "oh, we've never had anything fraudulent here" ??
Where is the customer service. It seems like it would be so easy to be nice and try to understand what happened?! We can go next door to the MED and the food, people etc. etc. couldn't be nicer.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank 424katea10
StJulienHotel, General Manager at St Julien Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear 424katea10,

I’m sorry to hear that your recent experience in T-Zero was less than perfect. We strive to provide an exceptional level of service at St Julien Hotel & Spa, and we clearly fell short in this case. I will follow up with the team at T-Zero directly regarding this matter, and hope you'll give us another chance to provide you with a much more positive experience.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed in Boulder for three nights. What a wonderful town. Our first night we stayed at the Boulderado, which was wonderful. We didn't make reservations anywhere for the next two nights because we thought we might go to Vail, but enjoyed Boulder so much that we stayed. The Boulderado was full due to a wedding, so we stayed at St. Julian Hotel and had a great experience. Great happy hour, wonderful rooms, very quiet, posh bathrooms, and the most polite staff I've ever seen. The location can't be beat--just step out the door and immediately enjoy the town.we're not spa-goers so didn't use the spa, but I'm sure it's fabulous! We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear kim C,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at St Julien Hotel & Spa. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed the hotel's location and accommodations, and that the guest service you encountered exceeded your expectations. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

This is an extremely well run resort in the heart of Boulder. You don't need a car to go to go out to eat, drink or play. Pearl Street, the outdoor mall, is a block away. The staff at the hotel was friendly (if not a bit robotic) and efficient. I would have given St. Julien 5 stars, but the first room I was in overlooked the garden, which was fine. But around 5PM very loud salsa music started. I looked out and saw a live band. It was Salsa night. Watching some of the dancing was quite amusing. As someone commented, "some white people just shouldn't dance". I was thinking the same thing, but I'm too PC to say it out loud. I went downstairs to the reception area and asked if I could get a room away from the noise. I was told that they were booked solid (fair enough) and that this was the only night I would hear music. It wasn't. The music kicked in the next evening, and a family with screaming children moved in next door. Clearly they had little, or no parental supervision. I thought that between the music and the kids, perhaps I should simply check out. I went to the reception desk, and said I was checking out, and after much keyboard work, lo-and-behold a room was found. Thank you, Marcos. The spa is wonderful. Steam room, jacuzzi, large pool, very clean shower and changing area. Unfortunately I was too late for a massage. It was a last minute thought. Next time I'll book in advance. There's happy hour everyday 3:30-6:00PM.. $5 martinis and half-off the menu at Jills, the hotels bistro. There's also a lovely outdoor area where you can sit with friends and family and enjoy a cocktail. All-in-all it was an excellent experience. Ask for a room with a mountain view.

Room Tip: Ask for mountain view
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Dear 3GPalmSprings,

Thank you for your kinds words about the hotel. I'm pleased that you enjoyed St Julien Hotel & Spa's various amenities, proximity to Pearl St., and daily happy hour from 4-6:30 p.m. I also appreciate the feedback on the service you received, and am happy to hear that the staff was able to accommodate your room change request the second night.

We hope to have you as our guest – both overnight and for a massage – again soon.