New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of St Julien Hotel and Spa

St Julien Hotel and Spa
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Boulder
Leeds
“Beautiful Hotel with service to match”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Stayed at the St Julien recently and loved the place. A brilliant hotel with staff who really care about ensuring their guests have a relaxing time. The front desk needs special mention - when my rental car needing replacing locally they contacted the company and sorted everything out with no fuss. Looking forward to visiting again next year.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
StJulienHotel, General Manager at St Julien Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear m0apc,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. We’re pleased to hear you enjoyed your time at St Julien, and you found that the service exceeded your expectations. I will share your feedback with the front desk team. We’re looking forward to your next visit.

Peter T. Walstra, CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

I had the pleasure of staying here for 2 nights and found that it just wasn't long enough. It was walking distance to many restaurants and bars with a Starbucks on site. The food was top notch as well as the service. My room was really comfortable and quiet- I slept like a baby! The hotel pool is perfect for swimming laps early in the morning! I enjoyed the complimentary papers next to the fireplace with a cup of coffee early morning as well. The staff was very accommodating with above par service. The Internet was free and had decent connection speed. I should mention that there is also entertainment most nights but I didn't have time to see how it was. I recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a romantic getaway or to stay for business.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear dxbwxgirl,

Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent stay. We’re pleased you enjoyed so many aspects of the hotel. We hope to have you back again soon – this time for more than two nights!

Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

My girlfriends and I love the Spa at the St. Julienne. We've received good service there and the atmosphere and entire pool, hot tub and lounge areas are fabulous. My massage with Pax was excellent. I recommend it to anyone who wants a relaxing day without having to go far.

While I've never stayed in any of the rooms, I've toured them and they beautiful.

Also, you can't beat the lobby, lounge area. Great live music, cool fireplace, swanky bar, etc. Definitely check it out if you live in Boulder!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Discovery_Staff,

I’m happy to hear you enjoy Spa at St Julien. We appreciate your feedback, and hope to have you as an overnight guest one of these days as well.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have been visiting the St Julien twice a year or so for the past six years and it never disappoints. Like Boulder itself, it is a mixture of rustic charm and more mainstream luxury. The rooms are comfortable, spacious and contain every amenity, and yet there is none of the self-conscious opulence that can begin to jar. The food is uniformly excellent (their pizzas are particularly good), the spa/swimming pool lovely and staff well-trained and, for the main part, most attentive. I keep meaning to go back and spend some proper time there... One day, one day.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ctephen,

Thank you for your repeat visits to St Julien Hotel & Spa – they are truly the best compliment we can ever receive. I’m so happy to hear you enjoy the accommodations, cuisine, spa and service you receive while staying with us, and hope to have you as a continued guest for years to come.

Bucks County, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stayed two nights at the St. Julien and enjoyed everything about the hotel. Its location is excellent, only a block from the shops on Pearl Street, within walking distance of outstanding restaurants, and with wonderful mountain views from the rooms. The rooms were beautiful, roomy and well appointed with excellent amenities. The staff was extremely helpful and did everything they could to make our stay more enjoyable. Although the only meal we ate at the hotel was breakfast, it was both a good value and excellent in quality. If staying in Boulder, this is the first hotel you should consider.

Room Tip: If you request a room with a veranda you will get a beautiful room with an oversized balcony and a v...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
StJulienHotel, General Manager at St Julien Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Arch68,

Thank you for your positive recommendation of St Julien Hotel & Spa. I’m pleased to hear you enjoyed St Julien’s location, accommodations, service and dining. Please be our guest again soon.

Silver Spring, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Hotel is most expensive in Boulder which is largely due to the great location and high end rooms (i.e., large bathrooms with separate shower and whirlpool bath, free water bottles and good coffee/tea maker). Rooms are clean and comfortable and staff was pleasant and helpful, but I've also had this experience at the Quality Inn and Courtyard Mariott so if you are on a budget there are other options if you don't mind being away from downtown area and having smaller bathroom.

Nice happy hour prices in the bar. Live music in the lobby on Thu, Fri & Sat nites which can be fun, but can be very crowded. I was concerned about the noise from the lobby so I specifically asked for a quiet room when I made the reservation and was very pleased with the one we got.

There is also a spa on site. Prices for facials and massages seemed in line with high end spa, but price for mani/pedi was crazy at over $100.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms facing downtown (front of hotel) are quieter.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Dear Tollhouse,

Thank you for being our guest, and for sharing feedback from your recent visit. I am pleased that you enjoyed your accommodations – we go to great lengths to ensure that our regular live entertainment (a favorite amongst guests and locals alike) is not disruptive in the guestrooms. I hope you’ll stay with us again very soon.

Hatboro, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

This is a wonderful gem of a hotel! It's a lovely, well cared for property with a great location in Boulder. My husband and I enjoyed every minute of our stay. We got a warm greeting from Glynn, Tyler gave us 'the lay of the land' while taking us and our bags to the room, and Jessica gave me invaluable help with my 'manicure emergency'. Everyone on the staff was friendly and accommodating. We had a very comfortable mountain view room,which was amazing! Didn't have time to use the spa or pool but they are on the list of things to do when we return.

Room Tip: If you can...go for the mountain view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear rmnewhouse,

I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I will personally share your feedback with Glynn, Tyler and Jessica – and thank them for providing the memorable service you experienced. I too hope you have time to experience Spa at St Julien and our pool the next time you visit.