“location. location. location”

St Julien Hotel and Spa
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Boulder
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Hotel is most expensive in Boulder which is largely due to the great location and high end rooms (i.e., large bathrooms with separate shower and whirlpool bath, free water bottles and good coffee/tea maker). Rooms are clean and comfortable and staff was pleasant and helpful, but I've also had this experience at the Quality Inn and Courtyard Mariott so if you are on a budget there are other options if you don't mind being away from downtown area and having smaller bathroom.

Nice happy hour prices in the bar. Live music in the lobby on Thu, Fri & Sat nites which can be fun, but can be very crowded. I was concerned about the noise from the lobby so I specifically asked for a quiet room when I made the reservation and was very pleased with the one we got.

There is also a spa on site. Prices for facials and massages seemed in line with high end spa, but price for mani/pedi was crazy at over $100.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms facing downtown (front of hotel) are quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
StJulienHotel, General Manager at St Julien Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear Tollhouse,

Thank you for being our guest, and for sharing feedback from your recent visit. I am pleased that you enjoyed your accommodations – we go to great lengths to ensure that our regular live entertainment (a favorite amongst guests and locals alike) is not disruptive in the guestrooms. I hope you’ll stay with us again very soon.

There are newer reviews for St Julien Hotel and Spa

Reviewed April 13, 2013

This is a wonderful gem of a hotel! It's a lovely, well cared for property with a great location in Boulder. My husband and I enjoyed every minute of our stay. We got a warm greeting from Glynn, Tyler gave us 'the lay of the land' while taking us and our bags to the room, and Jessica gave me invaluable help with my 'manicure emergency'. Everyone on the staff was friendly and accommodating. We had a very comfortable mountain view room,which was amazing! Didn't have time to use the spa or pool but they are on the list of things to do when we return.

Room Tip: If you can...go for the mountain view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear rmnewhouse,

I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I will personally share your feedback with Glynn, Tyler and Jessica – and thank them for providing the memorable service you experienced. I too hope you have time to experience Spa at St Julien and our pool the next time you visit.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed here for three nights while visiting our son in Louisville.
The rooms are excellent and the staff is over the top good and very friendly.
There was a lot going on this weekend, so the lobby was always busy and a little noisy at times. I was afraid that we would hear the band in our room, but it was totally quiet.

The location could not be better. Close to all of the best restaurants, Pearl Street retail, coffee shops etc. And if you are into exercise, it is a five minute walk from the trail along Boulder Creek, which is wonderful.
I usually valet park. But the concierge explained the area street and garage parking to me, so that we used both and avoided some big charges.
Pretty decent thing to do in my opinion.
And free wifi! That's what I am talking about, Four Seasons.

Room Tip: Some room have views of the Flat Irons, which is nice to have. But, some of them also are a long wa...

Dear RBH_SBH,

Thanks for sharing feedback from your recent visit to St Julien Hotel & Spa. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations, the hotel’s location and amenities (the complimentary Wi-Fi is a favorite with guests), and most importantly, the service you encountered. We hope to have you as our guest again soon.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Very nice hotel in a great location near Pearl Street. The service was impeccable. The room was nice enough, on the small side. Some of the furniture was dusty, but overall it was clean enough. We enjoyed our stay at the hotel and would stay again.

Dear eg57_12,

Thank you for your recent visit, and your feedback. I am happy to hear you enjoyed St Julien’s service, but am sorry you found the furniture in your guestroom to be a bit dusty. I hope you contacted the front desk and it was fixed immediately. Please join us as our guest again soon.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Nice to see the hotel returning back to basic. Serves is always number one. Seem that last year the hotel had forgot about serves and now it has returned. Great rooms as always. Hotel keep very clean and pool in good shape as always. Staff was good. Very helpful.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear 117mike,

Thanks for sharing feedback from your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear the service met your expectations, and you enjoyed your accommodations. We hope to have you back.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Every trip to the CO front range would not be complete without at least a one night stay at the St. Julien.
This trip we also visited the spa, which would extremely sleek and a real treat. Also, make sure to reserve the mountain view rooms, they are worth the extra price.
It's like staying in a 4 star mountain resort but down in the eclectic town of Boulder.
Food is fantastic and the lobby music and buzz is always so much fun. My wife and I always enjoy!

Room Tip: Mountain view
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Mark090702,

Thanks for your review of St Julien, and your repeat visits. I’m happy to hear you were able to experience Spa at St Julien on this trip, and that you and your wife enjoyed it. We’re looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

This hotel is a gem of a hotel in the perfect location. We have stayed here twice. The service is impeccable and the staff is over the top friendly and helpful. The lobby is always bustling with music and people gathering. The rooms are surprisingly quiet for being on a busy street. We've stayed on mountainside and "city" side and both rooms were spacious, quiet, and nicely appointed. The spa is good and the pool is lovely. The location is PERFECT- walking distant to more than enough eateries, bars, shopping, and just strolling. This is the only place we'll ever stay when we're in Boulder!

1  Thank TomRec
StJulienHotel, General Manager at St Julien Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear TomRec,

Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent visit to St Julien Hotel & Spa. I’m very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time here. We’re grateful for your repeat visits, and look forward to your next stay with us.