“Nice beers”

Avery Brewing Company
Ranked #3 of 581 Restaurants in Boulder
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch
Description: Since 1993 our brewery has been committed to producing eccentric ales and lagers that defy styles or categories. We have 30 Avery beers on draft and a craft dining menu with a Southern flair.
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We got there after 9:00, too late to enjoy the food, but the beer was great. Location is really weird, but check it out if you're a fan of microbreweries.

There are newer reviews for Avery Brewing Company

Reviewed February 22, 2014

An adviser at UC-Boulder told us about the tasting room at Avery Brewing Company. We had some time to kill and decided to give it a try.

It's a bit difficult to find, off the road a bit (look for the big "A") on the northside of the road behind other buildings and you have to dodge forklifts to get into the tasting room but this will change in the near future as they told us they will be building a new facility starting soon.

They had quite the selection and variety of beers to try with "tastes" (small glasses) all under a few bucks. The bushy-bearded staff (evidently a requirement to work there) were all knowledgeable and passionate about beer making and the company - you gotta love that! Never pushy, but always making sure you had a full beer if that is what you wanted. We had our fill in the short time we were there and the bill was less than $15 with tip.

I always like me a salty snack to nibble on when drinking beer. They have a menu but I just wanted some pretzels or popcorn. When I inquired our waiter brought us some standard pretzels (fine in my book) but my husband thought they were stale. We didn't have to pay for them, so what did I care. But hey, tip to the owners, having a signature bar mix (snack) to offer your tasting guests would be great - and keep us there longer.

We were pleasantly surprised to find Avery beer in one of our local stores here in WI, so our great experience here transferred to sales back home.

1  Thank michellecmc
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Great place for the atmosphere and the beer of course. Everything else is decent. Great outdoor seating where you can people watch to your hearts desire.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Some of the best beer in Colorado! Found out I was staying down the street and made this my first stop. The bar tenders were very knowledgeable on each style of beer, which there was a lot to choose from. Their IPAs were some of the best! You can do sample sizes or get a full pint - I would recommend choosing a few to sample if you're not familiar with their beer. I've only had one IPA and their Brown Ale, but was impressed by the five or so other IPAs (fall day IPA, summer day IPA, wet-hopped IPA, and DuganA IPA was especially great). If its nice out, get there early and grab a table outside.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

It is a brewery and it is all about the beer. They truly have some excellent beer to chose from and the location is great as well as it gives you a brewery feeling. However once you decide to serve food as well then try doing a good job. I think they get their food from some 3rd party and it is truly below average bar food. Actually I felt sick that evening and it had nothing to do with the beer. Step it up a notch and get the food right and it will be a great place in Boulder