“Average”

BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse
Ranked #103 of 572 Restaurants in Boulder
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Boulder, Colorado
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Average food. Average service. Noisy and overpriced.

So plain I'm now wondering if I really went there at all.

There are so many more interesting options in Boulder.

Louisville, Colorado
“Not great, not going back”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

We've tried BJs twice now. They've moved from Pearl to 29th St Mall (on 28th and Canyon). First time 3 girlfriends went in Jan for happy hour.. We sat in the bar it was about 5pm on a Tues. It started out great. When we ordered appitizers they never came. We asked our server twice to check. Asked for water numberous times. One persons appatizer came out, 5-8 min later we asked again for the other 2. Asked again for water. One more came out. Last one was another 10 min later. Kitchen was blamed for the slow service. My husband and I went this past Saturday about 1:45. I ordered soup and 1/2 sandwich, my husband ordered BJ's burger without tomatoe. My soup came. 10 min later my sandwich. 5 min later his burger. Plain. Nothing but dry bun, burger, cheese and bacon. That was it. We told the person who delivered the burger (too bad it wasn't the gal serviing us) that is was supporsed to be a BJs burger without tomato. He nicely went and got the mayo, sauce and lettuce for my husband to make it himself, Our server came by and said "I told the kitchen f I wanted it plain, I would have written that on the order". Really? You're telling us that instead of taking it back and serving the correct food order? We were way back in a corner, the restaurant was not busy at all and it was cold. Go to Westminser. Excellent service and food order is always correct. Not going back to Boulder location.

• Visited February 2013
Boulder, Colorado
“Not Great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We've gone to the new BJ's at least 5 times, and just aren't impressed. The food is only okay. The prices are way to high, and the acoustics are horrible. We have never been there where we can sit at a table or in a booth and actually have a conversation with the people we go with. The other big problem is the ridiculous wait. We did 'call ahead dining', arrived on time, and still had to wait 45 minutes.

Visited January 2013
Boulder, CO
“Good food & atmosphere, service lacking..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

Ate dinner at BJ's in Boulder last night for my father's birthday, a party of 8 people total. This was my 3rd visit in the past few months. Our Server was good, knowledgeable and professional, but seemed super busy and not as attentive as he should have been. The food was also quite good, but took a long time to arrive.

They have an extensive menu with great options for everyone. One good tip is that they'll do lunch items or half orders on almost anything, which is well worth considering, because otherwise the portion sizes are enormous. The burgers are 1/2 lb. and the kid's entrees are 3-4x too large---a child could never possibly eat the huge bowls of mac n' cheese, pasta, TWO "mini" burgers, etc.. that they're served.

The biggest disappointment was that there were absolutely NO Bussers anywhere in sight. Our dirty dishes sat on our table from the moment we finished to the time we left. We even stacked the dishes to make for an easier to clean up, but the staff walked by numerous times without one thought of clearing anything. Honestly? That's unacceptable.

Overall, food, beer, ambiance are good, but service/management of the restaurant needs serious attention, it's important to be greeted promptly, for the order to be served in a reasonable amount of time, and that dirty dishes are bussed immediately. Also, it seems so wasteful to have portion sizes be that big, especially for kids' meals.

• Visited January 2013
Loveland, Colorado
“OMG Yummy...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

We have eaten at BJ's 5 or 6 times and it is never a disappointment. I have to say the new location is top notch. Appetizer Thai chicken won-tons to die for! BJ's Brewhouse blonde beer was the beer pairing for the fried fish dinner which was out of this world fresh fish. The beer was a very nice choice with this meal. My husband had the Cajun pasta which was awesome. The menu was extensive and you could smell the yumness before you even hit the door. The service was excellent for such a busy evening. We are looking forward to visiting again and trying more of the endless choices on their menu. Can't wait for out of town company to take them here for fabulous food and drink.

• Visited January 2013