“Nice as can be; food good too”
Review of Boulder Cafe - CLOSED

Boulder Cafe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Glenview, Illinois
“Nice as can be; food good too”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Stopped in on our first stop in Boulder during family weekend and a football weekend. We ate lightly with just soup and bread and each had a couple of drinks. Our waitress was absolutely so nice and helpful I would give this place a thumbs up just for her. But the soups/food were all great too. Cold day and hot soup serves the soul well on a wet Friday afternoon. Between us we had the French Onion, Split pea and a tai lettuce wrap. Hit the spot with a couple of beers/wine.

• Visited October 2013

Seattle, Washington
“Poor”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I don't give many bad reviews but this one hits all the marks for a bad one.

I wanted to have a late lunch early dinner so I stopped at the Boulder Cafe. I walked up to the hostess stand and stood there a few minutes until the bartender said that the hostess would be with me shortly. A few more minutes aha I realized she had been standing just next to me the entire time combing her hair and chatting with a co-worker. I asked her if I could have an outside seat.

The bartender nor the hostess greeted me even when they saw me standing there. Not that this is an excuse for not greeting a customer but the place was not busy as they were between lunch and dinner service.

I was seated and a few minutes went by until the waitress came with my water and took my order. Everything else from that point went smoothly. I received my food and I have to say it had no taste and plated as though the kitchen just didn't care...just "yuk"

I later learned that this place is known for a great happy hour. Half price drinks. I guess that is why people go to Boulder Cafe.

I won't be going back and will not recommend this place to anyone.

Sorry :(

Richmond, va
“after 30 minutes still waiting for soup and a sandwich...”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Still waiting in this non crowded restaurant for a simple lunch. Its eaining so not a lot of people on Pearl St. Has a cozy atmosphere so I figured we couldn't go wrong. We did....we should have kept on walking. Food just came and average.

Fort Worth, Texas
“Happy hour is awesome and a must at this place. Prices amazing!!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Had good fondue. Happy hour is awesome. It's three to close all day everyday. Try it out!! It was a blast with our party of six and outside seating was awesome with the atmosphere. Prices amazing!

Boulder, Colorado
“lousy service, average food”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

They just couldn't get their act together on service when we visited - from messing up the waiting list (despite having two working the seating), to late food arrival and then bringing the wrong meal. Then the food was very average and over priced. I ordered a meal sized salad and it was small and not well put together. Not worth the wait or worth the money.

• Visited August 2013