“Nice, $5.00 Bloody Mary”

Pearl Street Pub and Cellar
Ranked #319 of 573 Restaurants in Boulder
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Colorado
“Nice, $5.00 Bloody Mary”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We were just walking the Pearl Street Mall, and decided we wanted a drink. We'd never been in here, but we decided the name of the place was good enough for us to give it a try.

Inside, the place reminded me of many, many pubs I've been in in different cities. Brick walls, photos on the wall, TV's, game tables, and a very narrow walkway. It's thin.

The service was very responsive, and immediate, even thought the place was not empty. We wanted Bloody Marys - spicy - and this place did not disappoint

The Bloody Mary was as close to perfect as I'd every tasted, and it was actually spicy, the way I ordered it. I was particularly surprised that it only cost $5.00, and I was led to believe that's the regular price, not a special price.

Yeah, I'll remember this place, and, when I come back to Boulder, I'll make it a point to stop in for another Bloody Mary.

Visited December 2013

Spearfish, South Dakota, United States
“Friendly place”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Friendly bar. We had fun here. It is smaller and more personal. We had fun joking around with the bartenders. There is a big bison head on the was that people like to kiss when it's their birthday. It jus has a fun, laid back vibe. We left and then came back, as we aren't really into the club scene. This is a bar when you can sit and actually have a conversation with people.

• Visited October 2013
Newburyport, Massachusetts
“Brought me back to my college years...”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This place brought me back to my college years as its just off campus and in downtown Boulder. Its like 3 bars in one! It has the quiet and quaint upstairs - Front & Back bar locations with food station...and live music. And then there is the downstairs bar and game room. If you just want a burger and a beer to watch the game...upstairs is good. But if you want to enjoy a game of pool, etc...downstairs is a great spot. This place seems to support folks of all age groups and types. Everyone seemed to enjoy it here...as well as the employees. When we were at the bar the owner stopped by and checked in with the bar tenders. The bar tender told us this place is like a family. And all the patrons seemed to know the owner like it was a "Cheers" type of atmosphere. I would check this place out...and don't forget to kiss the Buffalo before you leave!

• Visited September 2013