Open today: 6:30 AM - 10:30 PM
Review Highlights
Amazing Local Small Business Giving Back!

Reviewed 3 days ago
SaraM-FortCollins
Fort Collins, Colorado
Great Ride for the Whole Family

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Joshua L
via mobile

All reviews mountain biking skill level front range buffalo creek great guide riding tips guide nick half day tour highlight of our trip true mountain great conversation bike experience fat bike fort collins helpful tips own pace great mountain
Reviewed 3 days ago

I wanted to share a story about FRRG's community involvement. First, Nick from Front Range Ride Guides (a neighbor) has donated a handful of his old bikes to some of our neighborhood kids - teaching them some skills and how to fix things on them. On my request, he has also given up several of his days off, his bikes, his gear, and expertise to share mountain biking education and instruction with a pair of youth groups at my church. I approached him earlier this year, after getting a bike for my son, to see if he'd be interested - immediately Nick was excited. We set up a classroom session where he talked about bikes, trail manners, the sport, and the area - then he spent another morning taking a group of teens mountain biking. The kids were ecstatic, had so much fun! It was such an amazing success, we set it up again recently! Again, it was amazing for these kids!

I sat in on the classroom sessions and chaperoned the ride, I can tell you one thing - Nick is passionate about mountain biking and sharing it with everybody - you can feel it being around him. He took time to teach about every aspect of the sport - emphasizing fun and enjoying nature, he even took time to look over and tune some of the kids own bikes (kids that had them) prior to their ride. He spent time working with each rider to ensure a great time and success! I can't say enough good and look forward to making this a regular offering for our youth group!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We had a great half day ride with Nick, kids 10, 8, and 4 are all still talking about the ride a week later. The day was wonderful and the scenery was second to none.

My daughter (10) wasn’t sure about mountain biking before the ride. She has had a couple bad experiences just riding in the local neighborhood let alone the prospect of riding on rocks and a dirt trail.

Nick was a tremendous teacher. He coached her along the way and built in her the confidence to challenge herself. By the end she wanted a mountain bike so she could do even more mountain biking.

Great day, great work out, great life lessons, great company to work with!

Reviewed October 5, 2018 via mobile

Had a great time with ride guides. Nick is very personable and tailors the trip to suit any skill level. I brought my girlfriend out for her first time mountain biking on our vacation to Colorado and Nick was able to teach her all the basics. She had a blast and can’t wait to go again! All equipment was provided and directions simple. Beautiful scenery at horsetooth resevoir!

1  Thank Adam D
Reviewed October 4, 2018

Nick is an exceptional guide – he is friendly, instructive, and patient to max. He mapped out a trail route that was beginner-friendly, yet offered options to challenge ourselves as we became more comfortable. We were fully equipped with top-notch gear, as well as snacks and refreshments for both the ride and after. Fantastic experience and hope to ride with Nick & Front Range Guides again in the future.

Reviewed September 20, 2018

My boyfriend, 21 yr old daughter and myself met up with Nick for a ride in FoCo. It was awesome, to say the least! Nick was fantastic even knowing we were beginners. My daughter had not been on a bike since she was 5! He explained how the bikes work, the terrain we would be riding and then we were off! We finished with some cold beer! I can't recommend Nick and FRRG enough! JUST DO IT!

Reviewed September 14, 2018

I'm not the strongest rider, but Nick did sure make me feel like I was. He provided tips through out the entire ride, which were extremely helpful. Not only did I get to experience some great scenery, but I walked away a more knowledgeable rider than when I started. I'll be back!

Reviewed September 11, 2018

This was a great day out, Nick makes a good assessment of capabilities so the ride is fun for everyone. Excellent instruction definitely made me more confident on the trails. He also gave us some good sight seeing tips for the rest of our trip. Highly recommend

Reviewed September 11, 2018

If you are looking to do some mountain biking outside of the Denver area then Nick from Front Range Guides is the man you should speak with. Call today. Nick was an amazing tour guide and host. He provides monster bikes that ate up the rocks and bumps. I am a beginner while my friend was more advanced. My friend would cruise ahead and go hard through the terrain while Nick hung back with me and taught me the basics of navigating the trails and he was an excellent teacher - very patient and informative. When I am back in the area I will definitely be booking more time with him on the trails. Thanks Nick!!

Reviewed September 8, 2018

Nick was very responsive in the planning stages and gathered the right amount of information to plan the correct route. The instructional portion of the day was comprehensive and right on target. And, of course, the ride was a blast. My wife, son and I had a great time shreddin the trails!

Reviewed September 7, 2018

Booked a half-day family tour with Nick in the latter part of August. He easily accommodated the wide range of abilities within our group, let the speedy ones go on ahead and hung back to chat and support the slower ones. As well as being an entertaining host, Nick delivered the most memorable, clear, concise trailside intro to mountain-biking skills and equipment I've ever heard (my husband and I still talk about it and use these pointers even now). The whole group was impressed with the high quality machines (bikes!), with daypacks stocked with snacks and water, and the highlight -- frosty drinks at the end (it was HOT!!). Not sure if and when I'll be back to Boulder, but if I return, I'll be booking with Nick again.