“Solid "Average" Asian”

Cuisines: Chinese
Baltimore, MD
“Solid "Average" Asian”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I was looking for reasonably cheap Asian food to fill me up on a Monday evening, and I found it. I had a lychee martini, which was acceptable, and I had a dinner "combo" that included appetizers (fried shrimp, crab wonton and egg roll, one each); soup (wonton); and a main course ("Happy Family"). All were acceptable, if not memorable. Other than the martini, I can get roughly the same quality of food at a certain Asian/American buffet in Baltimore, along with lots of other desirable choices (including okay maki), for the same price or less, but this was a perfectly fine choice under the circumstances. The service provided by "Deep" was excellent and tempts me to increase the rating by at least half of a "green dot."

• Visited November 2013

Boulder, Colorado
“We stopped going because of MSG”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This restaurant used to be a go-to restaurant for our family. It has a nice laid-back atmosphere and the food is pretty good. The last time we ever went there our whole family got intense headaches that we learned was the result of MSG after asking the owners and doing some research. Not everybody gets a reaction from MSG but be warned that they do use MSG in their food.

• Visited October 2012
Sun City, Arizona
“It was just OK”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We went for the lunch buffet....it was just OK...nothing special. The food selection was much as you would find in most Chinese luncheon buffets. We did hear other diners comment that this was the best of the local Chinese restaurants, but we only thought it was average.

• Visited July 2013
“Always a favorite”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I've been coming here for at least 10 years now and the food has always been very good, if a bit greasy at times. I honestly think this is one of the better local chinese places I've ever been to. Aside from the orange chicken at Tra Lings, I'd rather come here for any other basic chinese dish. They have excellent scallop dishes and the lo/chow (I can never remember which) mein is one of the tastier I've had. I'd recommend this place to anyone looking for chinese in Boulder.

• Visited January 2013