“Good Indian Buffet at great price”
Review of Taj Indian Cuisine

Taj Indian Cuisine
Ranked #302 of 587 Restaurants in Boulder
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Business meetings, Large groups
Description: Family run Indian restaurant right next to the University of Colorado with the best views in Boulder, Colorado. We specialize in the most popular buffet in town where freshness of ingredients is what we are known for. We also have a full A la Carte menu and a full bar.
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I had a buffet Indian lunch here. The spread was great - many vegetarian options that one normally misses in so many indian buffets. I love spinach and was delighted to see two different dishes based on spianach.Price was great too at $12( if I remember correctly).

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We love this restaurant! I know...I probably say this about a lot of places I eat, maybe it's because I like to go to the atypical restaurants that are considered "hole-in-the-walls". This one isn't really one of those, but it's looks are deceiving from the outside. It is upstairs in the Basemar shopping center above the Bike store, but the food is great! The view from the restaurant of the Flatirons is gorgeous! Oh, and the food is really good, the naan is piping hot...mmm, it's making me want to go there just writing this review! If you like Indian food, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

I've eaten at the Taj a number of times, the food is good, nice selection for vegetarians, and am array of spiciness. I don't like my food spicy and my husband does, so there's a nice balance.

You can order from a menu or choose the buffet. The buffet foods are served hot and are frequently replaced. The wait staff is courteous and helpful.

The Naan is freshly made and delicious.

I had the Saag Paneer and it was delicious. The Chai was equally good! A nice accompaniment on a snowy spring day!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

For me, The TAJ has become the one for all other Indian restaurants to beat. Every dish I've had there (over the last 15 years) is a home run. Something about the flavors just clicks. The chai is spicy, the naan hot and with just enough crispy on the surface and soft in the middle, the saag paneer mouth watering, and the curries are all pitch perfect. I've looked far and wide (throughout the US and England) to a better Indian restaurant, but nothing matches the TAJ. Oh, and anyone who heard rumors of their closing; the rumors are not true. I spoke to the owners and they don't know what started it, so be assured they are open for business. If you're coming to Boulder, and you like Indian food, don't miss this perfect gem. Wonderful people, great views of the mountains, and lots of close-in parking.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

This is a great option if you like northern Indian or Nepali cuisine. The Aloo Gobi, Aloo Mutter, Naan, and Vegetable Samosas are all delicious. The Saag Paneer is also pretty good. It is up on the second floor of a busy strip mall near CU.