“Lose the Vinegar!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
A TripAdvisor Member
“Lose the Vinegar!”
Reviewed March 22, 2006

Always searching for a source of good barbecue, I decided to try Daddy Bruce's today. I chose a rib and beef (brisket) combination plate.

Although a little too salty, the ribs were okay - at least, the portions that escaped the sauce. The beef was tender, if a little too fatty, and the true taste was unfortunately masked by the sauce.

The plate included cole slaw, pork-n-beans and two slices of white bread. Not impressive - the cole slaw was course-chopped cabbage (only), with a VERY strong, vinegary dressing, and the beans were straight-from-the-can, largely tasteless pork-n-beans. The white bread was... well... white bread. But then, nobody comes here for the sides...

Okay - the sauce. This has GOT to GO! Pure vinegar, with a little heat. In my opinion, it ruined what could have otherwise been fairly decent barbecue meat. Ratings on a scale of "10": without the sauce, I'd give the meat a "7". With the sauce, this drops to a "2". Overall (including the sides), I'd have to give Daddy Bruce's a "1.5".

Sorry, Daddy B: my search continues. I won't be back.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member