WINNER WONDERLAND

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Nice and New”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed one night while doing a college visit to Boulder. It was a short 10-15 minute drive to campus from the hotel. Staff was friendly and accommodating. We reserved 2 rooms with king sized beds which were pretty comfortable. No views from either of the rooms (one overlooked the roof of the pool area which we did not use). Did not notice any hallway noise. It was nice to stay in this new hotel which has only been open for 4 months. The bathroom was very large with plenty of vanity space. I felt that the linens and towels were lower quality and kind of thin. The breakfast area is nice and cozy with a fireplace; it seemed that mostly business travelers were there when we stayed. The breakfast had the usual offerings. I didn't notice any restaurants nearby, but we planned to eat downtown anyway (Try Pearl Street- Pastavino was great!)

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Matthew B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Boulder - North, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you for the review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear that the linens and towels seemed kinda thin and of lower quality. I will definitly look into this as we do want to offer the highest quality linens and towels. It sounds like you really enjoyed evertyhing else about your stay here with us. Hopefully we will be able to host you and your family again the next time you are in the Boulder area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Salem, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

I can not say enough to praise this Hampton I have stayed in many Hilton's, and Hamptons mostly for long stays for my job but this hotel is one of the best. First it is only 3 months old and every detail is geared to make ones stay comfortable. The gym is fantastic and fully equipped .The pool is not an after thought. The indoor pool is located in a prime,large open space and has beautiful large towels conveniently placed at each of the lounging chairs around the pool. The jacuzzi is pleasant. Now for the rooms.......I am in a king suite . My room is fantastic. I especially like the fact that the curtains block the light at night.
Angela at the front desk truly was my angel and after a few days was able to upgrade me to this beautiful room. Since I am going to be here for a long stay I am most grateful.....I did not have to keep asking one morning she said I could move to this new room. I was most grateful .All staff are friendly and greet me as I come and go. Last night upon my return Sam graciously offered my co worker and I a fantastic artichoke pizza that had been delivered to her as a gift . She also provided quick billing without the difficulty we sometimes have in getting a zero balance as a requirement for work.
. The other night it snowed. In the morning I was surprised to find my car cleaned off. The manager Matthew was out cleaning off each car. WOW.....there are so many little extra details in this hotel that I appreciate i.e. like lots of electric outlets,computer chargers , trash and recycle disposals placed conveniently, laundry room with energy efficient appliances. There are bicycles for guest use, This hotel is about an 8 minute drive from downtown Boulder. I feel so fortunate to have found this hotel and am grateful to the staff who help make my stay in Boulder and my time away from my home in Massachusetts so comfortable.

Green Features: This Hampton gets an A plus for environmentally friendly practices.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We are so happy to hear that we can make you feel so comfortable away from home. As you have experienced we truly want to do everything we can you make all of our guests feel this way. I am glad to learn so many people from our staff have found ways to personally make you feel special and welcomed here at our property. We are all so happy that you are staying with us here. If there is anything we can do to make your stay any better please let us know.
Atlanta, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

The hotel staff is extremely friendly and willing to help with anything you need. We were visiting Boulder for Family Weekend at the University of Colorado. Although the hotel seemed out of the way from the university, it became very convenient after the football game. We found that we were going against traffic which was great. You also have a nice view of the mountains from the window of your room. The lobby is quaint with a gas fire place. Right now the hotel still has the appearance of a new hotel. We would definitely stay here again even though it is 6 miles from the school.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Matthew B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Boulder - North, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Than kyou so much for your review of our hotel. I am so glad to hear that the staff was friendly and so willing to help you out when needed. This truley is what our goal is as a team. It is also refreshing to hear that although we are away from the campus slightly that we were well worth the trip. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town.
Beverly Hills, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

We visited Boulder for family weekend at CU. My daughter and I stayed three nights at the Hampton Inn. The price was good, location just ok and hotel average. THe hotel is new, but lacks detail and warmth. It was a 15 minute drive to campus and out in the middle of no where. Beautiful country but I wish we were a bit closer to town. My biggest complaint is that we could hear the room's toilet above us every time they used it. It was loud too. Woke us up every night. Then one morning the water in the shower would not get hot. The staff was a little rigid. Gave us the basic information we needed, but that's about it. There are train tracks close by. We heard the train at least once a day, but the noise wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

I would stay again if I couldn't fine anything better for the price.

Room Tip: We had a ground level room. The higher floors probably have nice views.
Green Features: There is a main switch by the entry door. If you turn it off all your power goes off. Works well once you get used to it. At first we could not figure out why our power was off in the entire room. No one explained it to us when we checked in.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for you rrespone regardingt your recent stay with us. I am very sorry to hear that the toilet from the room above could be heard by you and kept you up at night. I would love to know what room you were in so hopefully we can get this problem corrected for future guests. As well if you have any more details on th estaff being rigid that would help me out as well. We really try to go above and beyond for all of our guest and I am sorry this was not what you experienced. If there is anything else I may be able to do for you please let me know.
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

This hotel is new and beautiful. The Staff is GREAT! It is a green building with lots of energy efficient designs built in. I especially like the desk and layout of a King Suite. I would stay here again in a heart beat. The ASST GM Belisa is a gem. The front desk clerk Samm is a real asset to this property. I couldn't be more pleased with my stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Matthew B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Boulder - North, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you very much for the Great review of our hotel. I will definitly let both Samm and Belisa know of your great review of them as well. Sounds like you had a very enjoyable stay! We hope to see you the next time you are in the area!
Minneapolis, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

The Hampton was very accomodating during my stay, which unfortunately occurred during the flooding in Boulder. They kept all the guest sfae and informed. The rooms are comfortable and the accomodations satisfactory.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for the review of your recent stay here at our hotel during the flooding in the area. i am glad to hear you felt safe with us. I hope you are able to get back out to the area and stay with us again!
Longmont, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

Poorly managed hotel. Booked a room for early in the morning because doing flood work late. Got there for agreed 9 a.m. check in and was told the room had been given away the night before because no one showed by midnight. Was never told about this and specifically discussed with staff before paying the day before. Front desk couldn't find me and then, after some phone calls, did find the reservation. No replacement room offered and refused a refund. Management not returning calls for a refund. Under the circumstances in Colorado, and my situation, cannot believe the wooden and uncompromising service. Don't go there.

Room Tip: There's nothing to do in the vicinity - outlier hotel. Much better advised to be closer to Boul...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Cameron T
I am very sorry to hear of your recent experience wit hour hotel. As well I am quite shocked as this is the first I am hearing of this and have not received any messages from you regarding this. As I did pull up your reservation and saw that yes a no show was charged for your stay and later reversed by my Assistant Manager. My hope is that your message was left with her as it looks like she was able to take care of your refund/reversal. Please let me know if you did have any further questions or concerns.