“So Authentic!”
Review of Rincon Argentino

Rincon Argentino
Ranked #11 of 582 Restaurants in Boulder
Cuisines: Argentinean
Description: At Rincon Argentino you will find a flavorful variety of empanadas, sandwiches with chimichurri sauce, desserts and more. Enjoy a Malbec, draft beer or mate in an intimate and authentic environment where the social aspect is just as rich as the food.
Reviewed April 25, 2014

I tried the Spicy beef and the Gaucho empanadas. Extremely tasty with all the real Argentinian flavor one would expect. My favorite ones were the Gaucho ones. I am from Latin America and know how a good empanada should taste like and these are great! Cant wait to go back.

1  Thank Nacho_A

Reviewed April 7, 2014

As I find myself coming back again and again, I feel that I owe these guys a review. Well, my friend who was born in Argentina says their empanadas are good, but you can find better in Buenos Aires. Too bad I'm not going to Buenos Aires any time soon. I love the empanadas at this little cafe, especially the mushroom ones, but all of them are really yummy. I like flan for dessert too. I wish they had a bigger place but I try to come in the off hours when it's not crowded. Certainly not during a soccer championship :)

1  Thank Julia G
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Visiting Rincon Argentino is my go to place for a quick take home meal and I always get extra for later. You just pop in, pick and choose which ones you want and they fire them up for you and in 15 mins you are off on your way with a brilliant meal. You can also get them frozen for later - they have been partially wood fired - so you still get the flavor, just heated up at home. Each one is wrapped a different way so opening the box (comes with a guide) is like a wonderful box of chocolates to choose from. The flavors are amazing and so are the variety of sauces you get with them. There are vegetarian options as well that I always get just because I like them too. The staff is always so friendly - feels like they personally know you. I keep a menu in my car and give a quick call in with what I want along with a credit card and can barely make it home without digging into the box.

1  Thank coquelle
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Rincon is a super small restaurant and mini-market near the university. Homemade empanadas are the highlight, and they were amazing. The open kitchen area allows guests to watch the pastries being made, while the aroma fills the air.

There is at least a dozen options and there should be something for everyone. The only reason I am not giving these folks a five is the small location. While it's nice it can be tough to get a seat...

Go there and try as many options as you can...

Reviewed October 22, 2013

This small cafe and mini-market on the edge of The Village shopping center in Boulder is a fabulous find. Owned and staffed by Argentinians and full of Argentine expats watching Argentinian soccer on the TV and chatting in Spanish, it was apparent as soon as I walked in that the food and drink here are the real deal. Homemade empanadas are the highlight, and they were simply sublime - better than anything I had in Buenos Aires. The open kitchen area allows guests to watch the flaky pastries being made, while the aroma of buttery crust fills the air.

At least 15-18 varieties of empanadas are offered, from classic steak and chicken barbacoa to plenty of non-meat options such as cheese with mixed onions, spinach with roasted cherry tomatoes and pine nuts, or the amazing wild mushroom blend. At $2.99 each, order a selection and sample several flavors with a dining companion. And you can choose a side of salsa for dipping - the traditional chimichurri, pungent with parsley, garlic and red pepper, was as fresh as it gets. That's really the draw here: unbelievably fresh, savory ingredients! The short menu also includes sandwiches and salads, as well as Argentine sweets like flan, dulce de leche ice cream, and quince tarts. And traditional mate is served each afternoon.

1  Thank ardentadventurer