“Delightful server, food o.k.”

Foolish Craig's Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Foolish Craig's Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 587 Restaurants in Boulder
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Ambiance of this small downtown restaurant is pleasant. Server was very delightful and friendly. However, guy who put food on my table less so. The food tasted good, but the toothpick meant to hold the sandwich together was inside the sandwich- made for a tough bite. Good Fries, minimal salt (also good for me).

Reviewed December 29, 2012

I liked a couple of things, but on the whole, the food was... just okay. The husband loves coffee, but suspected the coffee here may be instant. I got the Mexicali omelet and it was delicious. The husband finished it off after his salmon was "meh." My side of potatoes was tasty, but his cheesy grits were bland. We split a side of crepes - and I can't believe they're known for their crepes! Maybe I'm crazy, but I don't think crepes are supposed to be that crunchy! They were hard to cut into with a fork (reminded me a bit of a waffle cone on the edges). I'm not picky with pancakes, donuts, etc., so I was very surprised when even I was disappointed with the crepes. Loved the atmosphere, the funky vibe (and the omelet) but overall the food just didn't impress.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I like the décor of this restaurant. It is funky. The walls are brick, and there are colorful pictures hanging throughout the restaurant. They have outdoor seating, a few booths inside and a few counter seats in addition to tables. The table service is fast. They played funk music throughout our breakfast and that was great! The menu choices are cool. I tried the “cheesy grits” as a side (too buttery) and they served them in a dish, on top of a paper napkin and the napkin was drenched with the rest of the food on my plate. That wasn’t great, but once I took the napkin off of my plate, the rest of the food was ok. You have to pay for parking on the street unless you park off of Pearl St.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Enjoyed the food and service. No complaints. Order the veggie plate - it's amazing. The shrimp salad was also very good - could have used a bit more dressing.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I guess Boulder gets up late since we were having trouble finding a breakfast spot before 9 am on a recent Saturday. Snooze looked like an option, so we headed there. Apparently it's very popular since there was a line - and we don't do lines for breakfast. Instead, we went next door to Foolish Craig's. The menu was impressive, and started off good with a lovely, aromatic Earl Grey tea served in a teapot. Unfortunately, my 'over easy' eggs were overcooked, as were my husband's scrambled eggs. Not good at a breakfast spot! The homemade corned beef was delicious, though, so not a total loss. And crepes are a specialty - might have been a better choice.