“Happy Hour Plus”

Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between Folsom Avenue (25th St.) & 28th Street
Transit: The Boulder bus system operates the "Jump" bus every day of the year. Zolo Grill is located on Arapahoe Avenue between Folsome Avenue (25th Street) and 28th Street.
Description: Declared by 5280 as "Absolutely the hottest restaurant in Boulder," Zolo Grill has delivered award-winning southwestern cuisine with superior service since 1994. Our intention is to create flavorful, soulful food and beverage that is served in an unpretentious and relaxed environment. Come and feel the love!
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I cann't believe I have not reviewed Zolo Grill earlier. One of our favorites for the best Southwestern fare in Boulder. During Happy Hour, before 6:00pm, the appetizer small bites are a few $ each. Three plates and a margaretta are plenty for a meal.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Zolo Grill is one of the only quality food options I have found near both the Millennium and Marriott hotels in Boulder. They have a parking lot, so you don't have to pay for parking like you do downtown. The decor is lovely and warm and there is a view of the foothills from the windows. They say they use some local and organic ingredients and the menu is highly creative. They have a very inexpensive happy hour menu, and the table service is friendly. The food is pretty good, and the portions are ample. Unfortunately, although friendly, the service is slow, and the host (although accommodating to walk-ins) is reluctant to seat paying customers at booths unless a larger party. With the prices they charge for entrees, they should probably let customers sit where they prefer. If there was a 3.5 options, that would be the most accurate rating of our experience.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I hadn't been to Zolo in probably 10 years, so I thought it might be a nice Saturday night dinner date. We made a reservation, arrived on time, were seated promptly and then waited 10 minutes for anyone to even bring us some water. Maybe this should have been our first clue. Finally got our water, placed a drink order and ordered an app and a salad. Salads eventually arrived... still no drinks. Finally our waitress stopped back by and apologized saying my margarita was coming and she had forgotten my wife's wine...

For entrees we chose the Colorado Striped Bass and Achiote Glazed Mahi Mahi. The Mahi was fine. The bass was undercooked and the whole dish, which includes smoked sausage, gulf shrimp, and vegetables in a chile broth was so salty it was almost inedible...

This place has gone down hill since it's opening many years ago. For the price, there are definitely better values out there. We won't be returning...

Reviewed January 20, 2013

My wife and I had dinner last night at Zolo Grill in Boulder. We used Open Table for a reservation at 730 pm. We were seated in a comfortable booth in a few minutes after arriving.
Zolo has a Southwestern flair. We started with the Salsa appetizer which gave us a chance to try all 4 of their salsas with chips.Very tasty but a little much for 2 people.
I had the chicken enchilada dinner with spicy red sauce. It was excellent. I also had a Maharaja Double IPA from Avery. My wife had a Poblano that was stuffed with cheese and pork. Very tasty.

1  Thank theblackrook
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I went here with a group, and the food was fantastic. They also did a good job serving a large number of us at once. They also had a very nice cocktail menu.