“comfort food”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 31, 2013

when I want comfort food I come here. they satisfy my pasta needs always. when we have family visiting we come here and everyone is always happy. my father and I love the negroni they serve and access for the impaired is wonderful.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Run by a longtime Boulder restaurant family, Carelli's food is consistently high quality. The atmosphere is welcoming, and the service attentive. Over the years we have dined here on a number of occasions and never been disappointed.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We went for dinner and the risotto had a very obvious dark hair embedded in it. They took it away and the new p,ate came way too quickly. The manager came over and said "he was horrified" and apologized. We did not make a big deal out of it because things like this happen. However there was not even a dessert or a drink on the house. Just apologizing and not doing anything more for a place like this was truly disappointing. Sad to see that money is the only motivator. We still enjoyed the food and left a nice tip. Will think twice before going back.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

I have been here several times with friends and enjoyed to the max.

Happy hour of Friday is really jumping, Great drinks you can enjoy food at the bar.

Have been here for dinner, the food is excellent, waiters are knowledgeable and attentive and the dessert is to die for!!!

Reviewed February 6, 2013

My family celebrated my Dad's 80th birthday here. My first visit. It's always impressive when a restaurant gets everything perfect, and Carelli's did it, right down to a free dessert with "80" written in chocolate and a candle....

The food is excellent and authentic. Their risotto is superb, and my Pollo Saltimbocca was great -- perfectly cooked, a subtle but tasty sauce, and plated attractively. I despair when served over-sauced dishes, and the word here was "balance." The house wines were very good and reasonably priced.

Our waiter showed an extensive knowledge of the menu, and of Italian food in general (I'm a foodie, but know very little about Italian cuisine). Service was prompt and professional but laid back and friendly. Special requests were handled graciously (no onions, gluten free).

The atmosphere is warm and open, perhaps a bit noisy, but not a real issue. This is a great restaurant for date night. Do get a reservation; they were full on a Thursday night at 7PM.

Thanks for getting it perfect, Carelli's. I'll be back, and likely with a date!