“Good Value”

Ranked #158 of 581 Restaurants in Boulder
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Murphy's has been serving Boulder since 1984! The original Murphy's in North Boulder was started in 1984. Since then we have worked hard to keep ahead of the times without losing that comfortable neighborhood feel that is so pleasant. We're happy to have you join us whether it be in North Boulder, South Boulder or our latest Tap House in Louisville, CO. Murphy's does a contemporary take on American cuisine. We mix old favorites like meatloaf and make it with Bison and top it with mushroom-shallot gravy. Our bar has all of the best beers from around the world as well as great local craft beers. Our drinks harken back to the golden days of well made cocktails like the Old Fashioned. We aim for you to be comfortable whether you are a new-born or shall we say slightly older. Our goal is to be the best neighborhood restaurant you could hope for!
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal here.
One gripe I would have would be the lack of "Murphys Stout".
The portions were very adequate and nicely presented, the service was friendly and efficient.
Would recommend.

There are newer reviews for Murphy's

Reviewed June 16, 2013

So Murphy's is not exactly HIGH cuisine, but it offers delicious comfort food with food options that can be a bit beyond the standard of "comfort". The environment is very "Boulder", with a nice locked piano, a car-shaped bench, and funny posters and quotes sprawled everywhere. The menu options are diverse, and the menu is a bit big. They have specials on the weekends, and a really good happy hour with some of the best wings in Boulder. On my last visit, I had the country fried chicken (which somehow is not on their online menu, but this review has a picture of it! I swear it's there!). It was delicious and just what I needed both physically and psychologically. The beer selection here is really great, and the service is friendly and easy-going!

1  Thank ughughCO
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I have been to Murphy's South location on many occasions. Last week my husband and I decided it would be a perfect place to have dinner on a rainy week night. The restaurant was very crowded which we always take to be a good sign. However, our server seemed to be too busy to bring our appetizer out while it was still hot and the same thing happened when our dinner was served. I ordered the hamburger with the tomato jam and gorgonzola cheese. It looked thrown together on my plate and I had to search my plate for the chunks of gorgonzola cheese. There was nothing particularly tasty about my meal and I do not feel motivated to hurry back to Murphy's. I am happy for them that they have people waiting to get in every night - I just think there are many better places to eat in Boulder and I will take my business to them.

1  Thank Bnosnews
Reviewed April 24, 2013

My girlfriend lives nearby (a short walk) and offered this as a dinner option, calling it "healthy pub food." I was pleasantly surprised to find a variety of options, including dishes I wouldn't normally call "pub food" (some sort of Thai dish momentarily caught my eye). I opted for fish and chips (very tasty, crisp outside and perfect inside) and she got soup and salad. The waitress and hostess were both polite, cheerful, and attentive without being overbearing. Prices were reasonable for Boulder dinner, and the beer selection was definitely noteworthy for what initially appears as a hole-in-the-wall in a strip mall. There were a few TVs on, tuned to sports, but weren't distracting or overly loud. I would definitely recommend a return visit.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I like the south Murphy's place because it is consistently good and wait staff is outstanding! Fun happy hour!