“Murphy's - South Boulder Location”
Review of Murphy's

Murphy's
Ranked #202 of 588 Restaurants in Boulder
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Murphy's has been serving Boulder since 1984! The original Murphy's in North Boulder was started in 1984. Since then we have worked hard to keep ahead of the times without losing that comfortable neighborhood feel that is so pleasant. We're happy to have you join us whether it be in North Boulder, South Boulder or our latest Tap House in Louisville, CO. Murphy's does a contemporary take on American cuisine. We mix old favorites like meatloaf and make it with Bison and top it with mushroom-shallot gravy. Our bar has all of the best beers from around the world as well as great local craft beers. Our drinks harken back to the golden days of well made cocktails like the Old Fashioned. We aim for you to be comfortable whether you are a new-born or shall we say slightly older. Our goal is to be the best neighborhood restaurant you could hope for!
Reviewed February 4, 2013

It's so nice to have a neighborhood restaurant/bar in South Boulder. The food is good. I especially like the wasabi salmon and pork tacos. My husband says the burgers are excellent. They even have meatloaf on the menu, which I never make at home. It's not a trendy, Boulder restaurant, but a good local spot that's moderately priced.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I really enjoyed going to Murphy's for lunch until just before Christmas. I usually have the gyro which is outstanding, packed with meat with a fresh salad. This time though the offering was spartan. The pita, usually bursting with lamb, was flat. It was flat because it had hardly any meat inside. Our waiter was a young guy so when he looked embarrassingly at me when I politely asked what had happened to the portions, I let it go. What's happened, Murphy's?

Reviewed January 23, 2013

craved a burger and it was delicious! blue cheese, tomatoe jam, medium rare to perfection! melted in my mouth and warmed my heart!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Murphy's is a great place to go for a drink and appetizer to watch a game or meet a friend. It's also a great family restaurant for a full meal. The food is always good, the staff is very courteous, and the atmosphere is warm and comfy. If you're in Boulder and you'd like to grab some good food in a quiet area of town, this is the place! Make sure to save room for "The Smallest Dessert"(chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream)...just the right size for something sweet after a good meal. Be sure to try their burgers and sweet potato fries. (I would have given them a 5 for a rating, but I think the prices are a little high.)

Reviewed December 29, 2012

The Murphy's in North Boulder has a true welcoming pub feel and hot food served fast. The one in the shopping center by the Walnut Cafe North and Play It Again Sports is cold, sparse, unwelcoming.