“Excellent small italian restaurant” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #66 of 565 Restaurants in Boulder
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dekalb, Illinois
“Excellent small italian restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

The restaurant is small and the kitchen is always in view, but it somehow has a great atmosphere. The pasta dish that I had was great and the Salmon entree that my wife had was excellent. The waiter was very pleasant and he got all of the orders straight without writing anything down. I was very impressed with this restaurant and will go back again.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank ThomasO17

Hartington, ne.
“Amazing food, fantastic service, great presentation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

A little "hole in the wall", a "dive spot"...that is cranking out awesome italian food. Owner was a tremendous help walking us through the different meals. 2 adults, 3 small kids...we all shared each others meals--they were to die for. Limited seating, but it works. I would go back for sure!

• Visited June 2013
Sacramento, California, United States
“Nice family owned restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

I went here a few years ago when my son first moved to Boulder. I swore we'd be back, but finally got a chance to stop in for lunch a few weeks ago. It is a good value for wonderful homemade lasagne, salad and bread. Delicious!

Visited April 2013
2 Thank alian5
“Why are all of the good Italian joints in strip malls?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Awesome Italian food! I had the caprase salad to start with and it was one of the best I've had. Seasoned perfectly and all components came together. Also had a side dish of sauteed mushrooms which were pretty good. For entrée I had their homemade four cheese ravioli (they have at least ten kinds of ravioli to choose from) and the spicy arrabiata sauce. Great pasta and well seasoned again. Delicious warm bread also served with your meal.

I would definitely give this place five stars if the service was a little friendlier. The service was good but not that warm. Also the atmosphere leaves a little to be desired as far as the overall ambiance and their one restroom, while clean, could use a make over.

Overall I would definitely go back.

2 Thank TAreviewed
NY
“Pasta was awesome! Some sauces great, others, eh”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

First, the great - on the food - the pasta is made right there, you can see them put the dough in the machine and the pasta came out the other side . . . so, REALLY fresh. It was awesome, truly. Chewy, delicious. Amont the best pasta we've had in CO (and had a lot of pasta around the world).

Then, the so-so - two of us ate, one of us had a sauce that was terrific! It was the italian sausage. A little sweet, nice chucks of salsiccia, really good. I was deciding between the pomodoro and tomato/basil. The waiter recommended the tomato/basil. it should have been called pepper tomato sauce. The black pepper was overwhelming. I had to ask for cheese to try to drown out the pepper flavor.

The not so good - it's a pretty small place (which is really nice, cozy even - in the spring, summer and fall). In the winter, the whole place is cold. I had to keep my coat on through the meal. My husband, who is rarely cold, kept his on too. I guess it might be OK if there wasn't a wind. Some people waiting outside, some inside and they kinda crowded the tables in the back toward the door.

also, we had a reservation, but not sure it mattered . . . doesn't seem like they keep track.

The pasta was so good, we'd go back - but probably not in the winter, and would definitely try other sauces, maybe the gnocchi and ravioli.

• Visited December 2012