“Good Burgers and Service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hungry Toad

Hungry Toad
Ranked #172 of 572 Restaurants in Boulder
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Irish, British
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
CO
“Good Burgers and Service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

Recently went here for lunch with a friend. The decor is lovely - provides a nice, welcoming environment. Seems more like a bar/pub place, but cozy nonetheless. We went on a Thursday, which has the "any burger, 8.50" special. Unfortunately, I don't think this special made it to our bill, and I only realized this after leaving the establishment. Oh, well. With that said, the food was delicious! We both replaced the beef with buffalo, and chose non-fries for sides. I got the onion rings (perfect) and my friend got the salad, which looked fresh and hearty. We split the fried jalapenos (divine) and carrot cake for dessert (decadent and light!). The burgers were very thick, and blocked out the taste of my toppings. I wish I cut the patty in half! It would have made the burger easier to eat. But it was tasty and quality. I want to return and experiment with cutting the burger in half!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank ughughCO

Sydney
“Came back two nights later”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

Fabulous burgers and steak ( I recommend the Luau Burger). Great service, even when very busy. Food was excellent, plenty enough, and such good value for money we came back two nights later on our 3 nights in Boulder.

Visited April 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Brunch was good not great.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

I had the breakfast tacos and a few Bloody Marys. The food and service were good and I don't have any specific complaints. I would recommend this place with the understanding that it is an average place. You wont hate it. I am not from Boulder and the person who took me there explained this restaurant as "easy, quick and pretty good." He was right.

Visited September 2012
Boulder, Colorado
“Best Fish and Chips in Boulder”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

The Friday fish and chips special is what brought us back to this Boulder landmark. A good selection of (mostly) Irish beers on tap and a somewhat larger assortment of traditional and US pub dishes are available in a pretty authentic looking Irish pub. Noise levels can be high, and as mentioned by other reviewers the service is slow but friendly. It is best to avoid early evening as The Toad seems to be favored by young parents with toddlers who usually get bored during the long waits.

• Visited May 2012
Edgewater, Colorado
“Good Place for Drinks and Pretty Good Food Too!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

Met up with a group of friends on a Saturday night before going to a concert, it was a great choice. Good drink selection and a great selection of appetizers, salads, fish, pasta, lots of options for all. Was excited about a salad with globe artichoke hearts, but when I asked about it, I was a little sad that they were canned and not fresh. The blackened tuna salad i had was very good, tuna cooked perfectly to my request.

• Visited March 2012