“I was completely 'toad away'! Well at least it felt like being back in an old country pub!”
Review of Hungry Toad

Hungry Toad
Ranked #169 of 581 Restaurants in Boulder
Cuisines: American, Irish, British
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed February 14, 2012

This fun venue just a step away from the main stream Pearl St is worth the short detour.parking is relatively easy in the side streets. It's quite large inside and is decorated with old advertising memorabilia from the UK and lots of cartoons about Toads! They feature local micro brews, Coca Mole hit the spot for me that freezing evening, rather than Guinness, but there's quite a choice. The food is pub style and has lots of British favorites like Bangers and Mash, Shepherd's Pie, and the best Fish and Chips I've had in a while. Of course you can have burgers and chimichangas,steaks or curry and our table had a good selection, all of which were really tasty. They do have 'smaller' plates if you're not so hungry but we all were. They threatened a wait while they made up a new batch of French Onion Soup but it was hardly any time at all and I think we polished off that whole batch and left the next orders waiting! It really is that good! It's a family friendly place but not noisy and there is room to park the strollers. Definitely worth 'hopping ' over !

1  Thank palmpirate
There are newer reviews for Hungry Toad

Reviewed February 3, 2012

We used to love eating here. Then it started with very poor service about a year ago when our server decided it was more important to flirt with the cook than bring us our food. The appetizer came out with the meal. Then the service was hit and miss, but we went anyway because the food was good. Now, the food has started to go downhill. This past time my burger tasted like dishwashing soap. It was awful. Too bad, but no longer a restaurant I could recommend.

1  Thank Glenda R
Reviewed December 13, 2011

We needed a place to deliver 11 meals. Hungry Toad fit the bill. Our team ordered a variety of entres with the Tuna Avocado Melt getting the highest reviews. Other good choices included the Santa Fe burger, Steak Burrito, BBQ Chicken Sandwich and Chili & Cheese Baked Potato. The Fish & Chips received an "ok, but not great".

Reviewed August 22, 2011

But now, not so much. This is my local pub that has served the neighborhood and me for many years. They still have good fries and the service is friendly. My girlfriend and I have been walking down the block for Sunday brunches for a while now and we've seen the quality of their food quickly decline. About a month ago, I had eggs benedict, probably against good wisdom, which made me sick for days. We avoided the spot until yesterday and the food was really thrown together this time. My burger was raw, despite having been ordered medium and tasted "off". My girlfriend's eggs were unbelievably greasy. This place is fun and local but they need to get back on track as far as food goes.

Reviewed July 29, 2011

This is a great neighborhood gem. Food is always good--the "Toad's Dirty Burger," and the "English Channel Dip" are probably the best sandwiches on the menu. Service can be spotty, but the food and beer selection make up for it.

1  Thank Tedster1