“Denver Restaurant Week”

Boulder Chophouse & Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Boulder Chophouse & Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 587 Restaurants in Boulder
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 9th Street
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We went for the six ounce filets for the $52.80 Denver Restaurant Week special. Started with martinis, Bombay Sapphire up with 3 olives. Excellent. A cup French onion soup for me and salad for her, both very good. We wanted our steaks not quite medium rare, medium rare, but if you err make it to rare! They did, perfect. Flour less. Chocolate Cake for dessert. Service was excellent, very attentive.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Great for couple or family. We got there pretty late after happy hour across the street at the St. Julien, and enjoyed a light meal. Crab cake was excellent. Chopped salad a miss. Service excellent. Wine, very nice.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Visited Boulder last weekend and happened upon the Boulder Chophouse & Tavern for dinner before heading back to our hotel. So glad we decided to stop in! I had their special bleu cheese burger and it was AWESOME! The toppings were delish, the bun was nice and toasty - and my healthy side of broccoli was perfectly steamed. :) The hubby had the bison burger and fries and enjoyed it. Definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Really Average or Below Average. I had dinner at the Chophouse & Tavern and was quite disappointed. First to the bar for a few drinks, the bar had just what I would consider the bare essentials, in fact, the space to display the bottles was clearly larger than what they had on offer. Very strange. Ordered Dinner, had the Prime Rib. Super tough, it was like chewing leather. Not being from Colorado, I just assumed that being "out West" I could expect amazing beef. Apparently not. The service was very good, I will admit. I will not return....

Reviewed January 2, 2013

My friends and I tried this restaurant for the first time on New Years Eve. We were able to book through OpenTable. The Bellini was quite good at the bar. We all ordered steak items - I chose the "flight" of filets. A-W-E-S-O-M-E (recommend ordering them medium). My wife had the 8 oz. filet - she loved it. Our friends' meals were excellent as well. The soup - a carrot / ginger bisque - was fantastic. Home-made bread great as well. Good wine list. All-in-all, a great experience on New Year's. Expect steak entries in the $35 range. Service extremely attentive.