“Great college bar/resteraunt”

Ranked #20 of 582 Restaurants in Boulder
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night
Description: The Sink has been a University of Colorado legend since 1923. Offering a wide variety of scratch made sandwiches, burgers, pizza and salads. Featuring grass-fed beef, locally baked organic breads and seasonal local produce. A full bar features eighteen draft beers and locally produced beers and spirits. This historic landmark is a must see for any visit to Boulder, truly one of a kind!
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Great burgers and sandwiches. Great beer variety, which is common at pretty much any Boulder place. Lots of hype with Diners, drive ins and dives and Obama visiting the place. We were not blown away, but really enjoyed our food. I hear it is a great bar after dinner but did not have the chance to try that part of it out.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

Very good pizza and burgers and more importantly, a good selection of Colorado micro brews. It's not fine dining, but it will make you wish you were still in college.

1  Thank PhilK58
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

I had the Texas onion straw burger featured on the tv show "Diner's Drive ins and Dives." It was very good, but nothing too crazy.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

I wish there was a 3.5 star rating. We liked the place but maybe our expectations were just too high given that the place was on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. My son really liked his burger and I honestly can't remember what my other son ordered but he seemed to like it. Wife and I ordered a sandwich that we thought was good, but not great. Interesting place and worth the stop if you're going by but we don't recommend going far out of your way to get there.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

Although a lot of the reviews speak of this place being a "great college hang out", I'm 53 years old and loved it! I loved all the "art work" on the the walls. Not to get all political on you, I am not an Obama fan, but when one staff member saw me reading the articles regarding his visit, he showed me his autograph on the wall and the table where he sat. It was actually pretty cool! They had covered the table with pictures of his visit and protected it with plexiglass. I was impressed. We sat beside the picture someone had painted of Robert Redford. Back in the day, he worked there as a janitor.

Okay, so you've heard about the decor. Let's talk about the food. I ordered the Texas Onion Straw burger, featured on Triple D. AMAZING!!!! It was cooked to perfection. No matter what I order, I always have food envy, but not this time! I savored every single bite. It seriously was one of the best burgers I've ever eaten. My husband had the Boulder Burger and said it was fantastic.

The only complaint I have was, sitting at the bar, which we were seated in very close proximity, was a very loud group. I'm not taking away any stars for that because that's not the restaurants fault. It was not college kids. As a matter of fact, it was a group of professionally dressed middle aged women! I guess they were cutting loose after a hard day at the office.

I would highly recommend The Sink. The food we had was excellent. The service was excellent. The decor was so fun!

Been to The Sink? Share your experiences!