“Good, not great”

The Sink
Ranked #20 of 574 Restaurants in Boulder
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pizza, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Sink has been a University of Colorado legend since 1923. Offering a wide variety of scratch made sandwiches, burgers, pizza and salads. Featuring grass-fed beef, locally baked organic breads and seasonal local produce. A full bar features eighteen draft beers and locally produced beers and spirits. This historic landmark is a must see for any visit to Boulder, truly one of a kind!
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
“Good, not great”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I wish there was a 3.5 star rating. We liked the place but maybe our expectations were just too high given that the place was on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. My son really liked his burger and I honestly can't remember what my other son ordered but he seemed to like it. Wife and I ordered a sandwich that we thought was good, but not great. Interesting place and worth the stop if you're going by but we don't recommend going far out of your way to get there.

Palmetto, Florida
“Great food...Fun Atmosphere!”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Although a lot of the reviews speak of this place being a "great college hang out", I'm 53 years old and loved it! I loved all the "art work" on the the walls. Not to get all political on you, I am not an Obama fan, but when one staff member saw me reading the articles regarding his visit, he showed me his autograph on the wall and the table where he sat. It was actually pretty cool! They had covered the table with pictures of his visit and protected it with plexiglass. I was impressed. We sat beside the picture someone had painted of Robert Redford. Back in the day, he worked there as a janitor.

Okay, so you've heard about the decor. Let's talk about the food. I ordered the Texas Onion Straw burger, featured on Triple D. AMAZING!!!! It was cooked to perfection. No matter what I order, I always have food envy, but not this time! I savored every single bite. It seriously was one of the best burgers I've ever eaten. My husband had the Boulder Burger and said it was fantastic.

The only complaint I have was, sitting at the bar, which we were seated in very close proximity, was a very loud group. I'm not taking away any stars for that because that's not the restaurants fault. It was not college kids. As a matter of fact, it was a group of professionally dressed middle aged women! I guess they were cutting loose after a hard day at the office.

I would highly recommend The Sink. The food we had was excellent. The service was excellent. The decor was so fun!

“Good eats in Denver”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We stopped off at the Sink after attending the college tour. The burgers are yummy - and huge so you can easily share. For an extra few bucks you can upgrade to grass fed beef. The onion rings and fries were yummy as well. It's a cool, college fave and apparently Robert Redford once worked here!

Visited July 2014
Dallas, Texas
“Fun College Hang Out”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We had lunch after a campus visit based on the DDD show.

The place is a typical college dump. It is in the basement of an old house. If you're over about 6'2", you may have to duck to miss the pipes hanging from the ceiling which is completely covered with graffiti.

My son and I had burgers which were great. Thick and juicy with the right amount of stuff on them. My other son tried the famous pizza. He felt that it had too much crust and too much cheese. He favors a lighter New York style of pizza. I tried a slice and it was good but heavy. Order less than you think you can eat.

Service was very chipper. Everyone was very friendly. I would go back if in Boulder.

1 Thank Paul P
DFW
“Unique Fun Place”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

One of those places you just need to experience! Unique atmosphere. Lowest ceilings in North America...

• Visited August 2013

Been to The Sink? Share your experiences!