“Yummy”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Yummy”
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Some bad reviews, but been here 3 times and loved every dish. The Kung Pao dishes are amazing.

Visited March 2012

Vail, Colorado, United States
“OMG it was awesome!”
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Tons of very tasty food for not alot of money. Really enjoyed everything they had and cant believe how big the menu is. We will go there again the next time we go to Boulder.

• Visited April 2012
Boulder, Colorado
“Bad Beef Pho”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

This used to be hands-down the best Vietnamese in Boulder, but on our most recent visit, the Pho was a huge disappointment. Broth and noodles were good, but the meat was inedible. We packed it out for our dog.

• Visited February 2012
Manila, Philippines
“Superb Real Vietnamese Food In The Scary People's Republic”
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I normally avoid Boulder, Colorado like I do Donald Trump's barber and Pakistan. However, I happily make an exception when I want outstanding Vietnamese cuisine. Chez Thuy is where I get that cuisine.

Since 1996, my wife and I have been coming to this very popular, award-winning (many) restaurant on 28th Street. When you pull in, park out back where there are more spaces than the handful you see in front.

Rub Budda's belly for luck when you walk in. He is on the right.

Don't want to wait for a table? Get there early. Don't like to read? Then you won't like the massive menu.

Start with the fresh spring rolls with shrimp. Dip them in the hot (spicy) sauce. Oh, man.

Many people get the lettuce wraps. I like the stuffed grape leaves, which have a unique and wonderful flavor. The hot pots are also very popular, as are the soups (excellent pho). I order the amazing soft-shell crabs or the five-spice duck. My wife likes the pork spring rolls, as do I.

Occasionally service might be a bit slow, but we overlook that due to the quality of the food.

Do yourself a favor and hit Chez Thuy.

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank Robert N
Chicago, Illinois
“Disappointing since it was so crowded”
Reviewed January 16, 2012

Since the restaurant was packed, I assumed it was great. Perhaps they were understaffed, but I found the service slow. The eggrolls were dry, and we didn't get enough lettuce to wrap them up. My pho had no flavor, but was like basic broth and noodles.

One good thing: a friend in our party left her purse there, and it was safely behind the counter when we went back to find it.

• Visited January 2012