“Happy with Happy Hour”

Hapa Sushi Grill and Sake Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Hapa Sushi Grill and Sake Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 585 Restaurants in Boulder
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The name Hapa is derived from the Hawaiian term that describes a harmonious blend of Asian and American cultures. Like our name, our food reflects this dynamic combination. The menu is based on traditional Japanese cooking fundamentals which are then amplified, muted, or mixed with influences from many different styles of cooking until they are something completely new: they're Hapa. We have stretched the boundaries of creativity to develop dishes that defy all the rules while holding true to our roots. We hope that you will find our menu innovative, uninhibited, and distinctly fun! Incomplete parties will not be sat until complete.
Reviewed February 9, 2014

After a long week myself and some friends made it out to Hapa's happy hour and we had wonderful time. We got a really sweet server and she was on the ball the whole time. The sushi was yummy and I really like their miso soup.
My first time at Hapa it wasn't the best, we had a male server who was lazy and just seemed like he didn't want to be there let alone be our server. We would order a drink or need a refill and ever time we had to ask another server to help. And I didn't get my appetizer until right before my meal, not cool. Thank goodness my friends talked me into giving Hapa a second chance.

1  Thank KandyGoddess

Reviewed January 27, 2014

This restaurant might not serve the best sushi ever, but it is really a fun little place. The restaurant itself is on the busy Pearl Street Mall, and is in a narrow little unit. The tables are all fairly close together, creating a cozy, modern atmosphere. There is some outdoor seating too. The sushi rolls are definitely unique (especially their names!), and most of the ones I had were pretty good. It's a little pricey, but no worse than any other sushi restaurant. If your kids eat sushi, this would be a great place to take them, as it is pretty family friendly. They also serve these fairly cheap rice ball things that young ones could eat too. I will definitely be back at some ponit :)

Reviewed October 27, 2013

The food was incredible! The service was great! To make it all better, it was 1/2 during Happy Hour! Well worth the visit!

Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

We were nine people and had a great time at Hapa. We ordered some udon soup and several rolls: dragon, #9, California, etc. We also had some salmon sashimi. It was all delicious. Service was great!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Fun atmosphere, good sake, sushi ! Small, so you might have to wait awhile to sit down! Enjoy their hand rolls, and sashimi was fresh, and tasty. Pricey, but what sushi bar is not? A must if in Boulder!