“Great Happy Hour!”

Hapa Sushi Grill and Sake Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Hapa Sushi Grill and Sake Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 592 Restaurants in Boulder
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The name Hapa is derived from the Hawaiian term that describes a harmonious blend of Asian and American cultures. Like our name, our food reflects this dynamic combination. The menu is based on traditional Japanese cooking fundamentals which are then amplified, muted, or mixed with influences from many different styles of cooking until they are something completely new: they're Hapa. We have stretched the boundaries of creativity to develop dishes that defy all the rules while holding true to our roots. We hope that you will find our menu innovative, uninhibited, and distinctly fun! Incomplete parties will not be sat until complete.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We went to Hapa for Happy Hour. For $11 bucks we got a decent amount of sushi and left feeling full. Everything was super fresh and tasted delicious. They didn't have one of my favorite, sweet potato, but other than that I can't complain. Our waitress was friendly, and the out door seating on Pearl Street was really nice for a fall afternoon. We would definitely go back for Happy Hour.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

There is no shortage of sushi in Boulder. Even our local Safeway has a sushi bar! Most of the sushi restaurants are very good, so as locals it can be a hard choice. But my husband and I opt for Hapa whenever possible.

The food is excellent - fresh and varied (try the sashimi and then an order of the "Multi O" for "dessert"!). The atmosphere is lively. If you go early enough to grab a table near the front window or outside patio right on the Pearl street mall, it's great people watching!

Reviewed October 3, 2012

The food here is fine I suppose, but if your looking for a place to have a good time this is NOT it. The have no sense of humor, they are snooty and turn their noses down at people who enjoy themselves. Sushi Zanmai all the way, if you ask me. The food is better and they treat you nicely. Skip Hapa next time your looking for good food in a good atmosphere.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

Some of the best sushi I had in long time.

Fresh, tasty and very well displayed. The large sake selection was new for me but I enjoyed it.

Reviewed June 3, 2012

Fantastic sushi, great service, and a dynamite selection of sake. What more could you ask for?