“Nice but pricey”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

The food was quite good, but it cost me $45.00 for dinner. Which I thought was quite high. Thursday is the best day as fresh fish is flown in from Japan on that day.

1  Thank texbambam

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I grew up on sushi and sashimi. I was born in Japan and my parents opened a Japanese restaurant in L.A. Sushi Tora is impressive for land-locked Boulder. We've been going for the last 6 years and it's consistently fresh and tasty. My kids love the food at Sushi Tora, but are drawn to Sushi Zanmai's gimmicky decor and packaging. Oh well. My only complaint is their decor and ambiance. I wish they would remodel and do something about the floor and the sad tables by the door. Like many restaurants in Boulder, it needs a good scrubbing. Still, this is my sashimi restaurant of choice. If you want funky sushi rolls and a hip atmosphere, go to Sushi Zanmai. If you want fresh fish and authentic Japanese appetizers, Sushi Tora is it. Enjoy!

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Tora by far has the freshest tasting fish out of all the Boulder sushi spots. A close second is Zanmai but Tora is the clear favorite as confirmed by all the Zanmai folks I drag there. I have had sushi in some of the best places in Tokyo and Kyoto and Tora is one of my top 5. Tora went thru an owner change a few years back and the quality dropped for about a year. Well they have for years been back at the top and it is a shame that there are still people who think of them as inferior to Zanmai.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Been a long-time patron, and it's very consistent in its quality. The beer and sake are excellent, the sushi and other offerings are superb, and the sushi chefs will keep you well-entertained during the short wait for your food. Prices are quite reasonable too.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

I've tried them all and keep going back to Tora. Most authentic sushi, great service as well. I've even waited for a table at Tora when I could have just sat down at any of the other Sushi Restaurants.