“Good food & service, pleasant environment”
Review of Ristorante L - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ristorante L
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Featuring classic and contemporary Italian cuisine from executive chef Sakima Isaac. We use the highest quality local-organic ingredients, as well as exciting and unique Italian imports. At The L, we demonstrate our commitment to culinary excellence and responsible sourcing by using whole local grass-fed cows from Saw Hill Farm, Long Farm pigs, and Wisdom Farm chickens. We pride ourselves not only on using day boat fish, but on our use of sustainably caught wild fish, and only the very best quality farmed fish. Our bakery produces breads, pastas, and desserts in-house, by hand, using organic ingredients. Compliment your meal with one of over 350 unique wines from our award wining list. Join us tonight for dinner, and enjoy a remarkable dining experience. Boulder's best Happy Hour is available in the wine bar everyday from 3 pm until close.
Reviewed October 4, 2012

New location for a long-time Boulder restaurant (29th St. Mall). Very good Italian food, good service, attractive. Happy hour deals very popular.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I have eaten here on numerous occasions (with not the greatest dining experiences) and this experience was the last straw. There were three of us having dinner and the restaurant was not very crowded this particular evening. It took forever to get our meals and two of the three were so overcooked that we sent them back. Meanwhile I finished my meal and my poor friends had to wait ANOTHER 30 minutes to receive new meals. Now any good restaurant would have comped a meal, a couple glasses of wine or perhaps a dessert. There was not even an "I'm so sorry.". I just can't bring myself to have a meal here again when there are so many good choices in Boulder.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

We were waiting for our table tonight (8/25/12) and wanted to have a glass of wine. I stood at the bar in the restaurant for an incredible length of time. The bartender looked at me twice. Didn't acknowledge me. Continued to rinse his wine glasses and clear plates. After letting the hostess know that we would not be needing the table and that the service was poor, we walked out the door in search of something better. Fortunately we stumbled across a wonderful Italian restaurant -- Il Pastaio -- just down the block. The service was fantastic and the food was authentic. So thank you arrogant bartender! Wouldn't have found this new place without you! We've spent a lot of time and money at Laudisio but won't be doing that again anytime soon!

Reviewed July 27, 2012

We went for dinner after a movie. Service was very slow. We all ordered the Sangria, which was rather tart. We ordered pizzas, and the crust was very bland. Seems like it needs salt. Even with additions it was average at best.

My wife got a second Sangria and it was significantly better. A little sweeter, more flavor and more fruit. Why wasn't the first order the same. very inconsistent. We also wanted to get dessert, but the server never came back to take an order. We were there for 1 1/2 hrs for a simple pizza.

The restaurant was quite busy on a Thursday night and I don't understand why. Food is mediocre, service is poor. Can't recommend it.

PS: The view at Laudisio is VG if you sit outside on the east side. So if you want to have some drinks and enjoy the view you might find it a good place.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Laudisio opened with much flourish, yet they could not be bothered to let anyone in during the festive grand opening event. When I finally did eat there I found the prices way higher than the Boulder norm, especially for lunch. The service was so-so, and the tables were too small for the fancy plates and flatware. And it had just opened! Didn't anyone have a tape measure.