“Wonderful early bird specials” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Boulder Cork

Boulder Cork
Reserve with OpenTable
Boulder Cork is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 565 Restaurants in Boulder
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Iris
New Hampshire
“Wonderful early bird specials”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

We had flown in from New Hampshire, so still being on east coast time, eating a little earlier and getting in on their early bird specials, worked out very well for us. My husband and I both had the prime rib which was amazing. It's going to be a smaller cut than it would be if you ordered off the regular menu, but for us, it was just right. Service was spot on and the atmosphere was lovely. I would certainly recommend this place.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank tdtid

Prescott, Arizona
“Sketchy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

My husband and I travelled over an hour to enjoy a great dining experience in Boulder, Co. Happy to have arrived at Cork, we sat down and gleefully ordered a tap beer. But the waiter came back, and very matter-of-factly and said 'the taps don't work', and told us they have bottled beer. Geez, like that's a solution. We both figured, well let's enjoy ourselves, so we ordered a bottled beer. It was barely chilled. My husband asked for ice for our beer and when the waiter said 'oh, it's not cold?' My husband said no. The waiter then simply bought a glass of ice. I used the ice in my beer as well. Both of us ordered our steaks medium rare, but once we began to eat them, it was clear they were both rare (my husband's was bloody.) Neither of us wanted to make a fuss, besides we had eaten into them when we found out. Not all that bothered by it we ate them (very good), but would we have enjoyed them more if they were cooked to our order. When the air conditioning came on, it was very cold. I went and got my coat. When it kicked off, after a while it was comfortable. The various servers were proactively attentive about this, very nice. I felt our waiter was too casual. For example, when discussing how the food is prepared, he said 'they' do this and 'they' do that. A little odd for a nice restaurant where typically there is more of a 'we' type sense-of-pride. Cork has a good reputation, especially in it's hey day. They really need to step it up if they are going to compete with the may other popular restaurants in Boulder - the first four on our list were booked that night. Now it makes sense why Cork had plenty of availability on short notice.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Coloradoandme
WESTMINSTER
“Happy "Happy Hour"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

The Cork offers a nicely done Happy Hour from 4:30-6:30 Monday - Friday. We met our friends there and had a great time. It took a little while to get a table because they do not take reservations and it is "first come, first served" so it might be a good idea to be right there when it starts. We went at 5:30 but once we had a table all was good.We had bar food and Mexican dishes - all was very good and plenty and I enjoyed a glass of sparkling wine for $4. We are planning to meet other friends there as well.

• Visited March 2014
Colorado
“Very Good Food and great Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

My husband and I went to The Cork to celebrate our 45th wedding anniversary. Our visit happened to be during "Restaurant Week". The special selection menu was excellent. I had the prime rib which was one of the best I have ever eaten. The meat was very flavorful, tender, and cooked to perfection. My husband enjoyed the trout and crab cake entrée. The restaurant had a warm, friendly atmosphere. The service was exceptional. Although the restaurant was very crowded, we never felt neglected. Our waiter was charming and attentive. We will plan to return soon for another wonderful evening.

• Visited February 2014
Denver, Colorado
“All around wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

Went to the Boulder Cork for Valentine's Day and first time visitor to the restaurant. What can I say but it was a wonderful experience. The atmosphere is inviting and the service was definitely top notch. Out waiter was inviting and friendly, but not overbearing and pushy - perfect balance. The food was excellent and well worth the price. Would highly recommend for a date night or special occasion type meal.

• Visited February 2014