“Great food - great atmosphere - a little wait time...”

Mountain Sun Pub and Brewery
Ranked #6 of 592 Restaurants in Boulder
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed September 16, 2013

If you want a little local brew, nice fresh food, a harried but friendly waitstaff, and you have a little time to wait for a table, then this is the place for you! We had a wonderful dinner and even my 6 year old thought it was a really cool place to eat.

On/near Pearl St., we were very pleased! Neat poster shop next door to browse while you wait and an interesting crowd...

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We decided to visit Pearl Street and this place was a little past the main area of the street, They do only take cash or checks, but their prices were really reasonable so wasn't too bad. I had the black bean burritto and my husband had the veggie quassadilla, they were both very very good! Great place!

Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I ate here with a friend of ours that's local to the area and it definitely drew a good crowd for a Friday night, but not where it was ooverwhelming by any means....more like good atmosphere. My husband had a date night burger which had bacon wrapped dates, poblano peppers and goat cheese. May sound weird, but it was very good. I had a turkey-type melt and it was equally good - simple but very tasty. The nachos were devoured in minutes - so I recommend those too. The only reason why I held back on across the board 5 stars is a few of the burgers were not cooked to the desired temp (were overcooked) and it was pretty hot in there, but I'd still visit again without a doubt!

Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

A terrific place for good food at great prices. No credit cards so bring cash. Burgers appeared most popular and
we weren't disappointed. Staff was very attentive. Take advantage of the free beer tastings at the back bar area. We sampled four from the ever friendly and knowledgeable staff. Other customers even pitched in with helpful guidance. It is noisy per other reviews maybe some decorative coverings on the ceiling would help mute some of the decibles. Overall, definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Who goes to a bar for salads? We do! (And burgers, wraps, burritos and quesadillas). We love the fresh-made, health-oriented fare and the lively pub atmosphere. (The hippie-dippy decor feels like the Boulder of yesteryear to us!) The brews are swell too, with a lot of variety: from stouts to light wheat beers. All brewed in Boulder, so this is local drinking!