“Beautiful views at a high price”

Flagstaff House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Flagstaff House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 585 Restaurants in Boulder
Cuisines: American, Asian
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: The Monette family welcomes you to Flagstaff House restaurant, an unparalleled Colorado dining experience. Co-owners Don Monette, and his sons Mark and Scott Monette, combine a multi-award-winning wine list from their 15,000 bottle wine cellar, exquisite French-American cuisine and impeccable service with the personal touches of a family-owned restaurant.
Reviewed June 26, 2014

This, no doubt, has some of the nicest views of the Flatirons, so that alone creates some special ambience. The service was impeccable, and the food was good. I guess I'm not as impressed as others, since in terms of quality of food, I've dined at other restaurants in the Boulder/Denver area where I thought the food was just as good, but at half the price. Perhaps if money is not your concern, this review really doesn't apply. But we don't eat out all that often, so when we do, not only do we want a nice experience, but want to feel like our money was well spent. It was a lovely experience, but I probably won't return, since $200 for a meal is a little above my budget.

1  Thank lesliegb

Reviewed June 14, 2014

We celebrated our 29th anniversary and our daughter's graduation from college. It had been a while since our last visit to the Flagstaff. The views are still stunning, the food is outstanding, and the service is first-rate. There is no other place in the Front Range with this combination of fabulousness. Sure, there is great food in other places but no place else has the amazing views and few places can match the service (particularly the wine service). If you are looking for something really special, the Flagstaff House is the place. But, be prepared to pay handsomely for it.

2  Thank sharonincolorado
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Four of us dined at Flagataff House last night.....June 8,2014. This was all arranged by my son and we were celebrating my birthday (June 10th), Father's Day next week and a friend's birthday in August.

The dining room was busy for a Sunday evening and I think last night's meal was the best we've had there.We shared 3 starters: the quail......the pigs ears.......and the bacon. ALL EXCELLENT. I could probably dream about the bacon weekly.

Son had pork tenderloin (divine), his friend had the steak(his eyes rolled it was so good) and DH and I had the strip loin w/short ribs.(De-lish).

While we begged NO DESSERTS, son ordered the sticky toffee pudding w/ice cream(it's mind blowing) and the creme brulee w/berries.(Excellent).

This is another time I'm thrilled this was a treat.......the guys had cocktails, there was 3 bottles of Pelegrino at the table and we had 2 bottles of wine. One was a Montes Alpha Cabernet from Chile($58) and the other was a Mendel Malbec from Argentina.($66). These are at low price points , but were lovely.

What a terrific dining experience and evening.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

We booked a last minute reservation on a whim looking for a fancy dinner in Boulder, so glad we did. From the minute we arrived, the night was spectacular. I can't say enough about the excellent staff, both of our meals were large portions and prepared to perfection. The table appetizer was a nice touch as well as the sorbet after the salad course and the small dessert treats after the main course. The wine list was a bit overwhelming but fun to look at, we did find a nice affordable bottle in our price range with the help of the sommelier. Wow, and we can't forget what a view we had of Boulder. Price is high but what you get it was worth every penny.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

Took my sweety there for her Birthday. Food and Service were Excellent. Expensive however. Loved the view.