“Small, comfy restaurant with delish food!”

Jax Fish House & Oyster Bar
Ranked #9 of 594 Restaurants in Boulder
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 9th
Description: A local institution since 1994, Jax Fish House & Oyster Bar is the first choice for fresh seafood in Boulder. Ranked top 25 Best Seafood Restaurants in America by Travel + Leisure Magazine. Our menus are crafted with sustainability in mind, using farm-fresh local ingredients and ocean-fresh seafood. Whether you join us for the first time or the 100th time, for dinner or happy hour at the raw bar, count on a vibrant and lively atmosphere. We bring the Coast to the Coastless.
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Had a great evening at Jax - good food and met some really nice people. The service was excellent, and we really loved the fresh choices of oysters and seafood!

1  Thank cogrl

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Deliciously fresh oysters. Tasty mussels! Great Bread! A crabcake without any bread! Imagine that it was perfect. The closeness of the tables was a bit unpleasant.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

I love the oyster happy hours. The other happy hour menu is good for other things as well. I recommend the ceviche, if you do not like oysters.

1  Thank Ania626
Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Love to frequent Jax for happy hour. Load me up with peel and eat shrimp, jambalaya, cheese fries and finish it off with key lime pie. Dinner options are superb too. I went there once for my birthday (Resv through open table noting it was my bday) and the waiter bought me the dessert of my choice. Who does that? I thought that was above and beyond any of my highest dining expectations.

1  Thank Waterman22
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I chose this restaurant based on the classic advice from the man who sat next to me on the place from DFW to DEN. I was glad I listened and double checked the TA reviews.

It was simply stunning and whilst I made a mistake by choosing the crab as assumed it to be soft white meat and not the claws it was delicious and the starter of skid with a chili and ailoi sauce was one of the best dishes I have had anywhere in the world.

A n interesting mix of people from those on first dates through groups of friends and older couples.

One tip, book online - loads of availability and I cannot see why people waited hours rather than book the day before online.

Its hard to miss as has a narrow frontage but there is an amazing wine store across the road with a truly international range of wines and a great find in a state where supermarkets do not sell alcohol in store - you have to find the dreaded liquor stores. .