“Oysters”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 9th
Description: A local institution since 1994, Jax Fish House & Oyster Bar is the first choice for fresh seafood in Boulder. Ranked top 25 Best Seafood Restaurants in America by Travel + Leisure Magazine. Our menus are crafted with sustainability in mind, using farm-fresh local ingredients and ocean-fresh seafood. Whether you join us for the first time or the 100th time, for dinner or happy hour at the raw bar, count on a vibrant and lively atmosphere. We bring the Coast to the Coastless.
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Best Happy hour especially if you like Oysters. Restaurant is always excellent. The best fish in town

Reviewed November 4, 2012

This was our first time at Jax and were we ever in for a treat! Happy hour runs from 4 to 6 pm. When we arrived on a Sunday afternoon at 3.55 pm there were already 20 people waiting to enter. Our server Hannah was very helpful and attentive. We supped the soup, a delicious pumpkin based chowder, devoured the va oysters with a habanero cocktail, savored the spicy shrimp and those were just the appetizers! Leave room for the San Francisco style cioppino chock full of crabs, clams and mussels. Desserts were a taste treat, especially the chocolate cake with toffee bar and the cunning key lime pie, made, in house. We will be back!

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I was in town solo for business. Thought I'd be overlooked by staff for larger parties and expected so-so service. It was Halloween night and places were crowded with CU students and other costumed revelers for the evening. It had been a long day for the wait staff, but Lexi greeted me with a hearty " hi, how are you?" and told me she'd take care of me. She checked on me frequently throughout my dinner, attentive to all detail. Try the charcuterie trio appetizer--unbelievable flavor. The whole grilled Colorado trout is one of the best plates of fish I've had in my life. Tricky to eat with so many fine bones, but finger- licking good worth it! Try the Jax Daisy with Bourbon. Top notch eatery.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Really gorgeous small restaurant. Quality, gourmet food, but small portions. $29 for 3 scallops and a little bit of new potato hash seemed too pricey to me. Colorado trout was enjoyed. Mussels seemed like a decent value. Mahi mahi special was very good, but again a small portion. Service was fine, our waiter was a little haughty when we didn't want to order dessert, but another guy was very friendly when my husband questioned the small glass of wine he was served. This guy (manager maybe?), smiled, agreed, and happily brought him a fuller glass. Very good service from him. The best quality food we had in Boulder but I question the value.

1  Thank LJ458
Reviewed October 4, 2012

High quality food - good service - good selections on menu - good location for visitors (Pearl Street) as well as local residents. Long-time presence in Boulder - very consistent.

1  Thank samrlloyd