“Beautiful! Must stop and see”

The Boulder Dushanbe Teahouse
Ranked #6 of 588 Restaurants in Boulder
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Boulder Dushanbe Teahouse is nestled against the Rocky Mountain Foothills in Boulder Colorado. Sitting alongside Boulder Creek in Central Park, the Teahouse is considered one of Boulder's most attractive and popular tourist attractions, as well as being a local favorite for great food, tea, and atmosphere. Completely built by hand without the use of any power tools, the Teahouse was constructed in Dushanbe, Tajikistan as a gift to their sister city, Boulder. It was disassembled, crated up, and sent halfway around the world to be rebuilt in Boulder as a symbol of friendship and cultural exploration. The elaborate and creative teahouse now sits as a reminder to the citizens of Boulder to value cultural diversity, global cooperation, and international friendship.
Reviewed May 16, 2013

The tea was lovely and I was very happy with the variety. I was also happy with the service considering that the restaurant was close to full. The food was also very good.

The reason to come above all others is the decor. It is so beautiful in this restaurant and you are allowed to take off your shoes to sit at a couple of the large tables (very comfortable). Myself, husband, and friends had a great time eating delicious food and sipping tea. I highly recommend stopping if you need a good place to relax.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,263)

Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

I'm sitting on the patio eating a delicious kabob and drinking a phenomenal tea from China and pretty much in heaven! The place is beautiful and to top it off, my dogs are allowed on the patio as well. This is a 'must visit' restaurant in Colorado. I would rank it as one of my favorites in the U.S.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stopped here for lunch and everything that came out looked great! We really enjoyed our food and the tea was lovely. The actual building is really magnificent and is definitely worth a visit! Really want to go back here for afternoon tea.

The service was friendly but a tad slow, it was very busy though.

As a Brit, I can certify that the tea is very good! :)

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Very quiet place on week days, but the food is good and an extensive selection of teas. Unique building in a beautiful setting. Must see at least once.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Recently, I went here with a friend to grab some tea at the bar. We figured that was what the bar was for. After walking in to a hostess who did not greet us, we figured we would sit at the bar. After about 10 minutes, someone finally acknowledged our presence, despite 3 or for servers talking to each other and looking at us. So, after 10 minutes, we got a menu. A rather unfriendly, non-smiling woman came out and asked "how are you" in that tone of voice that implies "I don't really care, but I've got to do this because it's my job". 15 minutes after getting the menu, we ordered our drinks. The water tasted like soda. The tea was great, of course. My friend and I were completely appalled by the service, especially because we were there around 11AM on a Thursday, and the place was not packed AT ALL. I'm not sure if I'll be back here, despite eating here several times before and enjoying it. It's that one bad experience which has spoiled them for me, and there are other WONDERFUL places in Boulder that are friendly.

1  Thank ughughCO