“OMG!!! READ THIS BEFORE YOU GO!!”
Review of Poppy Cafe - CLOSED

Poppy Cafe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

FANTASTIC FANTASTIC FANTASTIC!!! You walk in and the restaurant is nice, very clean and looks like a cafe. But, the menu is not cafe food. It's a much higher quality. Unique menu items. The food was phenomenol and the service was really awesome. It is surprising how clean the place is as well. I even saw the staff wiping down all the washed silverware to remove spots. Give this place a try. You won't be disappointed. We recommend it!

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Homemade parmesan ravioli with pesto sauce - yummmmmmyyyy! Requested some bread, so I could scrape all the pesto cream out of the bowl and into my mouth. This is the sister restaurant to the Morning Glory Cafe a couple of miles east at 95th, and both are worth your time. My wife had the BLT, and it was very good. She kept sticking pieces of bread into the pesto cream, though..... If it's a nice day, sit outside and admire the view of the Flatirons!

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Tried this place with the Living social coupon so that if it was not good, I would only lose half of the value. To my surprise, the food here was very good considering it tucked in a corner. Their beef wellington was very good. Cioppino was very decent. Will definitely be back for more.

Service was excellent too.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

My husband and I had dinner at Poppy Cafe and were wowed by the food. I absolutely loved the scallops with mashed potatoes and seasonal veggies. My husband ordered the salmon after confirming that it was wild-caught and not farmed. We were both impressed by the generosity of the portions, especially since each entree was priced at under $15. And we saved room to share the flourless chocolate cake, which was heavenly.

Even though we don't have gluten sensitivities, many of the items on the menu are gluten free--so we can tell our friends!

Poppy's atmosphere is casual but sort of European in feel, so I loved it. And when the weather is warmer, it looks like people can eat outside on the patio.

On a lunch visit about a month ago, I had the Buddha's Bowl, which is a surprising combination of tofu, veggies, beans and cheese in a cashew sauce. Truly wholesome and yummy.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I went to Poppy's a month or so ago and really enjoyed it. We decided to go back again and see it lived up to our expectations. Two out of three thought it excellent and one thought it was just average this time. My daughter had the salmon and I had the Crab Ravioli (see pictures) we thought it was very well done. My daughter also ordered a side of brussel sprouts. It is not often you see that on a menu, but they were very good. My wife said the Halibut was OK and she hates Brussel Sprouts so that might have clouded her judgement.