“Mmm. Pork. Maybe the best.”
Review of D'Angelo's Deli

D'Angelo's Deli
Ranked #260 of 582 Restaurants in Boulder
Reviewed November 10, 2013

The Whitman, (house-made Italian roast pork, provolone, and peppers) is currently my favorite sandwich in the world. The pork is moist, juicy, and perfectly seasoned. The peppers provide the perfect balance of hot and sweet. I also greatly enjoy the meatball sub, and I've struggled to tear myself away and try something else. But, they've got a sizable menu, and everything looks well-conceived. The pasta salads and cannoli are great too.

Quibbles: The bread could be better. It does a great job of soaking up pork juice, but lacks crust and taste. They put so much effort into quality ingredients that it would likely be difficult to spend more on bread without the cost getting out of hand. Its in a strip mall between Safeway and a T-mobile store, so the ambiance is lacking. It is also not a place to take a vegetarian, as options are few and mostly limited to eggplant parm. I also wish they were open a tad later on Saturday and on Sunday.

My partner thinks the pork is too juicy. I think that is the whole point.

Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

I needed dome cold comfort food roday. After leaving the grocery store, I went to this deli next door for a really good sandwich. The owner is a mom and her daughters who cxme from Philly. This place has been many sandwhich places over the years. I hope they can make it in this town hidden in a strip mall.

2  Thank AlanDOHashi
Reviewed December 29, 2012

OH MY!!!!!!!!!!!! I had the TORRESDALE cold Italian sub & I must tell you....I found my new "to go" fast food place to go! It was EXCELLANT & I am very particular when it comes to subs being from the East coast. I'll be like the Engergizer Bunny.....I'll keep going & going & going back to D'Angelo's!

2  Thank lesbriggs
Reviewed December 1, 2012

A Philly hoagie shop in Boulder, phinally!!!!! The food is fresh and just like home.
They even have a Rocky fathead and wall drawing, That is the best too. The place is run by 2 sisters and their mother and the love shows through on every item.

You won't be disappointed, this place is excellent.

2  Thank Mick M
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I don't have time to write a book and know no one is interested.

If you want a real authentic Philly hoagie, go here! It is the best I've had since leaving the East coast many years ago. These D'Angelo sisters and mother know how to make a sandwich. You will not be disappointed.

3  Thank Giovanni P

Been to D'Angelo's Deli? Share your experiences!