“Insightful tour and amazing spirits”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Vapor Distillery

Vapor Distillery
Ranked #44 of 134 things to do in Boulder
More attraction details
Owner description: Tours and craft cocktails! Roundhouse Spirits is a micro-distillery making spirits of uncommon character. In addition to our distilling and bottling operations for which we offer tours and tastes, the location features an eye-catching speakeasy bar. Come visit for tours and/or craft-cocktails!
Omaha, Nebraska
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Insightful tour and amazing spirits”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Our experience at Roundhouse Spirits was terrific. Mike conducted our tour. His passion and knowledge of the products and processes at Roundhouse was evident throughout. Our group represented consumers with widely varied levels of familiarity with the subject matter, and Mike's ability to explain the historical, cultural and technical aspects of gin in an engaging and approachable way for all of us was impressive indeed. It should also be noted that all the products in the Roundhouse portfolio are exceptionally well made and delicious. I cannot wait to break open my bottle of barrel aged gin!
I'm a spirits educator and scotch whisky ambassador by trade, and my hat's off to Mike and the Roudhouse Spirits folks on a job well done.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank djc001whisky

Lubbock, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent gin and awesome tour”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

We enjoyed a wonderful afternoon at Roundhouse Spirits. We arrived early for the tour so the bar tender gave us an educated preview of the gins we came to experience. We were encouraged to pick out a cocktail from their exciting bar list to take along on the tour. Of course I had to be difficult and order off menu, but the bar tender was able to make an even better version of what I had originally wanted. The tour itself was very informative and we learned about the "symphony of herbs and spices" that Roundhouse puts into their gins. They also age their gin into an extremely unique spirit that was reminiscent of whiskey. Overall, Mike, one of the owners and our tour guide, as well as H.K. the bar tender, created a comfortable and educational environment. 10/10 would do it again :)

Visited June 2014
1 Thank 907Laura
Boulder, Colorado
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Fun tour, great stories + great gin”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my tour at Roundhouse Distillery. The stories made me smile. I forgot how fun great story telling can be... and I learned some really interesting things, the origin of the word spirits, the word alcohol. the rich history of gin. And, this gin is EXCEPTIONAL. My favorites are. The barrel-aged one which reminds me of the single malt whiskey, as a coffee lover I LOVED their Coffee infused one - Corretto (sp?) and the Pumpkin infused gin was a 'MUST' taste! It's like drinking egg nogg and pumpkin pie with all those spices in a glass without the heaviness and sugar - but with a nice little buzz of course :-).

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Swisskat2
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant place”
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

What a great night we had. Really enjoyed the distillery tour and we got to buy some of the gin and whiskey to bring home. I will deffinatly be back.

1 Thank Julian B
Boulder, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Speakeasy Bar-A new boulder tradition”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

A very unique environment in a very unique town. Walking into Speakeasy for the first time, I was struck by the attention to detail. The 'old world' photography on the walls, the stunning bar and the intricate copper ceiling are a part of a well thought out decor. And of course the array of unique gin cocktails was fantastic! The unique flavors offered at this bar are carefully crafted right next door in the distillery. I loved the chance to tour the operation and see how they meticulously create these tasty spirits. Ted and Mike, the owners, make a great team! Like the delicious concoctions made in the distillery, Mike concocts some excellent stories and clear explanations of how they create these spirits. I have never been a coffee drinker in my life, but Roundhouse's coffee liquor is amazing, not to mention the pumpkin gin! The staff was very generous with kindness, attention and drinks. I could not have had a better experience. Just a great place to socialize with friends!

Visited April 2014