“Great intro to vegan / vegetarian comfort food”
Review of Native Foods Cafe

Native Foods Cafe
Ranked #60 of 588 Restaurants in Boulder
Description: Opened to the public May 29th, 2012!
Description: Opened to the public May 29th, 2012!
Reviewed June 19, 2014

I always take my meat eating friends here when they want to meet for a casual lunch. The food is great, reasonably priced and the staff is always pleasant. They are always surprised it is vegan.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Native Foods is my go-to restaurant when I'm in town and want lunch. Portion size is enough to share on most days. Having vegan and gluten-free options available without having to ask a lot of questions on the front-end is a treat...even in a town like Boulder that offers plenty of culinary options. The menu variety is excellent! Even though not all entrees are gluten-free, I don't tire of the choices when I find myself stopping several times per month. Staff is friendly, courteous and willing to chat about ingredients...an aspect I appreciate as a nutritionist. Acoustics aren't great when the restaurant is full, but stop just before or after the lunch rush and it's a non-issue. The shaded outdoor seating is very pleasant on warm days, too. I haven't tried any of the desserts, but they sure do look tempting!

Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

My husband is a vegetarian so it's nice to find vegan and vegetarian places. They have a really good food and nice customer service. The atmosphere was fun and they had cute pictures on the walls. Unfortunately my husband found a small piece of glass in his food but when he presented it to the manager she took his meal off our bill and gave him something else for free. Everyone makes mistakes but it is nice that they handled it properly. All in all, we were happy with our lunch and would recommend.

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

We are vegetarians from the Midwest, where a 'veggie burger' means meat hamburger with some extra lettuce and tomato. Coming from that environment, this place is like a vegetarian heaven!! Our son couldn't believe everything on the menu is vegetarian. We ordered Classic Deli Reuben, OC Raw Chopper, and Oklahoma Bacon Cheese Burger. They were all delicious. We also had green tea and lavender lemonade. They were good, but our son didn't care for the lemonade. We got there a little after lunch time, so there wasn't much wait. All the staff were courteous and we really enjoyed our meal. Wish they had a location near home!

2  Thank emstr777
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Let me start off by saying I'm an omnivore. So why review a vegan restaurant? Because every time I go to Native Foods, I'm amazed at how tasty vegan dishes can be! Using fresh herbs and spices, with tofu impersonating virtually anything meat wise, Native Foods is first on my list for casual, healthy dining. Located in the 29th Street Mall in the same parking lot as Nordstrom Rack, you can knock off a little shopping and then get a bite to eat.

Kid-friendly, the laid-back atmosphere is enhanced with colorful murals of the Boulder scene and you can choose to sit a table inside or out. After you've placed your order, fill your glass with lavender lemonade, a wonderfully fragrant, thirst-quenching drink. Your food will be ready quickly and brought to your table by the friendly and helpful waitstaff.

I recommend starting off with an appetizer such as the Saigon Roll or Polenta Bites, both of which are delicious. For your entree choice, all the Earth Bowls are generously sized and full of flavor, especially the Bangkok Curry Bowl, the Rockin' Moroccan and the Sesame Kale Macro Bowl. More than likely, you'll have enough to box up and enjoy later. Under the category of Handholds, the Twister Wrap is my favorite choice. It features crispy, blackened or grilled tofu, avocado, cucumber salsa, and chipotle sauce in an organic whole wheat wrap. It's a three-napkin delight: creamy, drippy and very satisfying.

Take it from someone who never says no to a food group, going vegan for lunch or dinner is a fantastic option now that Native Foods is in Boulder.

Visiting Boulder soon and want to get in the mood? Check out my website, www.silverdollarstudios.com to see images of beautiful Rocky Mountains.

1  Thank SusieL38