“Healthy and Tasty!”
Review of Native Foods Cafe

Native Foods Cafe
Ranked #54 of 582 Restaurants in Boulder
Description: Opened to the public May 29th, 2012!
Description: Opened to the public May 29th, 2012!
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I LOVE their scorpion burger with a side of regular fries and 'ranch'. Their burger comes with a mini salad on top of the patty so don't order a side salad! The place is a little pricey, it'd be nice if the dishes came with one side.
The two things I've tried that weren't great was the fried chicken sandwich (soggy) and the reuben which maybe you'll like it if you're a serious seitan fan. Great spot for those skeptical of a vegan diet! I would def be a vegan if I could have one of their chefs in my kitchen every day :)

Reviewed November 30, 2013

My wife and I have been vegan for several years so this is a great way to experience a restaurant that is dedicated to plant based living. The food was excellent and the wait staff and manager went out of their way to explain the menu and help us nubies. Prices are a little high but considering this is the type of food that we really have been looking for it was worth it. Definitely on our repeat list.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

First I'll comment that although the prices might seem a little high compared with "fast food" prices elsewhere, the serving sizes are large and the ingredients are high-quality. I think Native Foods is doing the right thing in their faux meat terminology because it gives meat-eaters the comfort of ordering their meals in "meaty" terms, and once the meal arrives they will enjoy it because it truly is tasty even if the meat isn't real. The Reuben, Chicken Run Ranch Burger, Native Wings, Saigon Roll, and sweet potato fries (make sure you order some chipotle sauce for dipping - awesome!) are runaway favorites with our family - they are so good that even though there are other appealing-looking items on the menu, we almost always stick with these when we visit. Another favorite thing is to order a (self-serve) fountain drink, and then mix the lemonade with the herbal tea to make a "Native Palmer" - yum!

I can't give the restaurant five stars, however, because I have ordered some "duds" from time to time. The regular-potato fries are almost always limp, and the "bowl" dishes that I've tried are typically under-sauced and under-seasoned for my taste. (I admit to being a sauce-lover, however, and sometimes I overindulge in sauces and gravies.) I recommend ordering extra sauce with the bowls.

1  Thank emilyg28
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Simple healthy food- perfect for a business traveler looking for good veggie/quinoa bowls and other veggie alternatives. About perfect in terms of healthy fast food.

1  Thank SergeDedina
Reviewed October 9, 2013

exellent selection of seitan dishes--the deconstructed gyro is one of the best dishes on the menu--delicious and very filling.