“Fun”

Awe-Struck Outdoors-Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Awe-Struck Outdoors offers biking, hiking, paddling and skiing trips to Boulder and Nederland area travelers and locals. We pair all of our outdoor trips with a culinary adventure and source most of our food from small, organic, family-owned farms. Try a fun Mountain Bike lesson or Stand Up Paddle Board session followed by a brew pub tour . Bike to Farm tours and farm dinners served with locally crafted wine! Add a yoga session at a refreshingly-remote retreat center to any of your trips. Unlike other guide services that take you to popular, over-crowded locations, we take you where the trails are less traveled.
“Fun”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Great bike ride through boulder to a wonderful little farm. Kelly was very accommodating and the farmers were great too! Highly suggested.

Missouri
“Super fun, a must-do when in Boulder”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Work had me travelling back to Boulder, and since I had a good time on my previous Awe-Struck trip, I decided to try their Thursday bike to farm ride.

The tour was super fun, the ride's pace was mellow (which suited me fine), the farm was interesting, and the food was incredible. To get apps, a main course, drinks (non-alcoholic), and dessert for that price is unheard of!

Awe-Struck is on my must-do list whenever I find myself in the Denver/Boulder area. It makes this one work trip that I'm actually looking forward to, and that's a rarity for me.

Visited June 2013
Kelly G, Owner at Awe-Struck Outdoors-Day Tours, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Hi George,
Thanks for being a loyal supporter!
Lewes, Delaware
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Bike to Farm Bust”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

A friend and I participated in the Bike to Farm with Kelly while out in Boulder this past week and after reading the positive reviews on Trip Advisor had high expectations for a fun evening with good company and farm fresh food. We couldn't have been more disappointed. The ride to the farm was part trail and part road. With Kelly as the only guide she had difficulty managing the various riding abilities and often we were kept waiting for a few stragglers to join us before continuing on. With a group that large (approx 18 people) it would have been better managed with a second guide to help 'bring up the rear' and keep the group organized. Upon reaching the farm we were given a verbal tour of the farm without actually being walked around the grounds. The meal consisted of food bought and brought to the farm from Whole Foods and other local grocers. It is advertised as a three course meal which in plain terms equated to cheese and crackers followed by brick oven pizza (this was made by the farmer) and boxed apple pie. Not exactly what I was thinking of as farm fresh food. It mentions on the website live music of which there was none. Ultimately this had the feel of eating in your own backyard - we sat at plastic picnic tables on a patio outside a farmers house. Colorado offers so many great food options and scenic areas that we would have been better off saving the money and packing a dinner and finding a nice place to sit and enjoy on our own.

2 Thank OffTheList
Kelly G, Owner at Awe-Struck Outdoors-Day Tours, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
So sorry you were disappointed. Our Thursday Night Bike to Farm Ride is a casual, fun community event that supports a great local farm. There was one slow rider on this trip, she had an injury that we did not know about until the day of the trip, sorry she slowed you down.The farm we go to on Thursday's provides fresh, organic produce to 100's of CSA members each year. I can ask the farmers about upgrading the picnic tables, some seasons are difficult financially for farmers though, they invest in seeds, soil and people mostly, not aesthetics. There was a nice, white table cloth on each table. The sheep, goat and blue cheese on the charcuterie board were some of the best cheeses you can buy, plus a very expensive salami and peppers canned by MM Local(a great local canning company). The wood-fired pizza you had was made fresh with dough specially ordered from a locally-renowned Italian chef and all of the veggies on the pizza were picked fresh from the farm that day. The pizza goes really well with the gourmet cheeses. Berries from the farm next door are usually incorporated in the dessert, but they were not ready yet due to the late snows of Colorado. The pie was from a respected bakery that uses local, organic ingredients, not whole foods and it was paired with Boulder Ice Cream's Famous Sweet Cream and Cinnamon Ice Cream. Usually, people love the trip because they connect to one another so well, they get to hear a revolutionary farmer tell her story first hand and the creek path ride is great for riders of all abilities, we want the ride to stay at a relaxed pace. Although it is really difficult and scary to receive a negative review, we know it will help us improve our adventures. Our trips are very important to the local farmers and we want to continue to support them while giving travelers a great glimpse into the Boulder culture.
Saint Louis, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great experience!”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

My wife and I participated in the bike to farm tour with a great group of others (some local and some from all over the US) on the outskirts Boulder, CO led by Kelly. It really was a great way to spend a late afternoon/evening. The bikes (and helmets) we rented from Kelly were waiting for us when we arrived and they were excellent for getting around the country roads and paths! We visited some local organic farms on our trip though it was early in the season so not much produce was yet available. At the end of the ride we had a great dinner at a farm with an amazing group of people. We had an incredible time sharing stories and taking in the views while enjoying our meal. This tour was definitely the highlight of our short trip to Colorado. We would love to come back in the future!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank GVstl
Thanks so much! I have to say that you and your wife brought such a kind and vibrant energy to the table it enhanced the experience for everyone! I hope it inspired you to encourage farm dinners in your area.
Boulder, Colorado
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Bike to Farm...being a tourist in my own town!”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Fantastic! On a last minute whim, I joined friends on the Awe-Struck Adventures Bike to Farm tour. BRAVO, well done! Kelly was a very organized and extremely invested in making a great evening for all of us. While the majority of the group were visitors from all over the US, it was fun playing a tourist in my own beloved town. We had a lovely sunset bike ride through the farms of Boulder - who knew?, and wrapped up the evening with a delicious meal under the stars. It was a really, really fun group of people and we laughed all night. Good times, highly recommended! Pedal On...

Be sure to bring warm layers, a water bottle, and a camera!

Visited May 2013
Hi Julianna,
Thanks so much, it has been such a pleasant surprise to give locals a new experience of their home town!
Kindly,
Kelly

Been to Awe-Struck Outdoors-Day Tours? Share your experiences!