“disappointed”
Review of Boulder Falls

Boulder Falls
Ranked #26 of 147 things to do in Boulder
More attraction details
Owner description: Visitors get a chance to view the "Yosemite of Boulder Canyon," scenic waterfalls plunging more than 70 feet into Middle Boulder Creek, by walking on a short trail to a viewpoint area just below the falls.
Reviewed July 31, 2014

We were disappointed that the falls were closed due to falling rocks. We loved our drive up the canyon to Nederland and back to Boulder anyway but missed seeing the falls.

1  Thank kmcCleveland_Ohio

Reviewed July 1, 2014

I was so sad to drive out to the falls only to find that they are closed. They are apparently a 'rock fall' area and the trail is blocked off. I actually saw a staff member escorting some tourists out due to the fact that the falls were a very dangerous area. The staff member's exact quote was "people have died back there." Total bummer. But from the road, a major road with fast traffic and curves that you had to run across from the parking area, it looked really pretty.

2  Thank Alyssa309
Reviewed June 4, 2014

It was raining, so we didn't stay long, but the views were pretty cool. The parking is just shoulder pull-off, so be careful exiting and entering your car.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Still closed but I visited this spot back in 2007 and took some great pictures. I really enjoyed hiking in the short path with my son and sister. Glad I was able to see it when it was open. I made a book on Colorado and was happy that I had pictures of Boulder Falls to include

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Be aware that the trail is still closed May 1 2014. The trail sustained damage in the flood last year and the potential of rocks falling on the trail is very high. The trail needs to be repaired and rock scaling above the trail needs to be completed before it can re-open. There is no date set. It is not safe (and it is illegal) to climb over the gate as another reviewer suggested! As someone previously noted, there are lots of waterfalls in Colorado. This one is definitely not worth the risk of injury or worse.

2  Thank Babalax