“Great brews!”

Boulder Beer Company
Ranked #21 of 148 things to do in Boulder
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Glad we chose to visit this brewery while we were in Colorado for the GABF. Out of 12 breweries we visited and over 75 beers I tried throughout the weekend, this one had the best in my opinion. From the moment we walked in the door, we were greeted by a guy with shaggy long blond hair and he asked if we've ever been there before. When we said no, he brought us over to a table, leaned up against it and told us a little about their brewery and some new beers they just released. I love it when people take time out of their jobs to go above and beyond like this. I tried "Shake", one of their new brews which is a chocolate stout. A M A Z I N G! I loved it so much!!! I am super bumbed that I can't find any in Illinois but I'm keeping my fingers crossed they start distributing it here!

1  Thank Angela M

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We enjoyed the short tour of the micro brewery then enjoyed many tasty samples. We also sat out on the patio for dinner. Great food & beer. I was a Friday, so allot of the locals packed the place. The bar/patio area is quite small, but was a enjoyable atmosphere. Favorite brew: Hazed & Confused.

Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Great hidden gem in Boulder! The brewery has great beer, food, service and music. The outdoor patio is great for seeing live music and keeping kids entertained.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Ted was our guide and did a great job. It was interesting, informative, and fun. The beer tasting at the end surpassed my expectations. Great job!!!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We have been eating here pretty much every week for the past 5 years. I love this place. If you are a beer person, the beer is very good- not the absolute best in Boulder, but very good. The tour is fun and informative and involves free beer, which is always nice.

The food is simple pub fare, but is also very reasonable priced. They have vegetarian burgers that are not just frozen gardenburgers, which is nice. They have house-made green chili- both veg and pork- the veg is delicious. There is a great patio with view of the Flatirons on a quiet street, a nice bar area with a large bar and also tables, and a dining room area that views the brew equipment. There is also an event room. There can be a wait, but usually if you get there reasonably early, there is not. The service is usually good. Most of the employees have been there for years and years, so that tells you something about the place.

This is simple food and good beer, and it is in sort of an office-park area, so it is off the beaten path. For tourists, I think it is an opportunity to taste some good beer, have some relatively inexpensive food, hang out with the locals and relax. For those of us who call Boulder home, it is a great every day place to eat. They also have a children's menu and are reasonably child-friendly.