“love the tea!”

Celestial Seasonings Tea Factory
Ranked #1 of 25 Food & Drink in Boulder
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover how tea is made on a tour that includes a video, a walk through the Celestial Herb Garden, a tour of the tea bag factory and a visit to the aromatic Mint Room.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed August 11, 2013

the tour was very interesting! all the free tea samples were great! the artwork for the different
teas is displayed and very nice! the gift shop also not too highly priced surpisingly. Alot of fun!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,256)

Reviewed August 11, 2013

This was a nice little tour. I can't say it was the most dynamic, but keeping with the theme of the company's signature flavor, it's right on target. the tour guides were chipper and knowledgeable, and injected just the right amount of tea-based puns they could. (And you can't beat free!)

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I'm not a huge tea drinker but I enjoyed learning how tea was made and seeing the production equipment. It was also fun to sample a bunch of unusual teas before the tour started. My sinuses really enjoyed the mint room - instantly clear :-)

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We've been coming to Boulder for years and had never done the tour. We changed that this time and will go again. It's free (if you don't count the gift shop) so that's nice too. The tasting before the short film is fun. Tasting so many flavors is a good way to find out what your favorites are. The factory tour was fun and informative. The peppermint room is breathtaking....really. We finished in the gift shop and bought a T shirt to wear back in Michigan. The staff was very friendly, and helpful. It really was a fun way to spend some time.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I visited Celestial Seasonings on my birthday with my husband. We had a wonderful time on this, our second tour. The factory has been remodeled since we first visited in 2001. It was wonderful, especially the tea tasting. I bought a box of tea based on what I tasted. I was amazed to learn that 14 new flavors and designed and released each year by CS.

We previously had visited on a Saturday when the factory wasn't in full operational mode. We were able to see all the machines in action this time. It is amazing how CS grew from a small health food tea idea to a state of the art factory and corporation. The machines are amazing to behold and watch in action.

The mint room is still the best part of the tour. It is invigorating and a great cure if you are an allergy sufferer in the Summer.

The tea shop is wonderful with well priced boxes of tea. My husband and I especially like the new flavors, Sleep Time Extra and Fast Lane. CS is very innovative in creating and releasing new flavors and kinds of tea every year. There are also many other unique items for sale in the tea shop including stickers, cloth bags and food items.

The artwork which inspired the designs on the tea boxes is on display in the tea tasting area and is worth the visit alone. There are also many artistic teapots and sculptures related to the various flavors of teas. I loved the dress designed from CS tea bags to raise awareness of the risk of heart disease to women.

The herb and rose garden is beautiful too and makes this a place you want to just hang around at and enjoy. it is a slice of heaven right in Colorado. This is a must see if you visit or live in Colorado.

1  Thank 737cynthias