“(4.5/5) A pleasent, quick tour for tea lovers.”

Celestial Seasonings Tea Factory
Ranked #1 of 22 Food & Drink in Boulder
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover how tea is made on a tour that includes a video, a walk through the Celestial Herb Garden, a tour of the tea bag factory and a visit to the aromatic Mint Room.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Boulder, Colorado, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“(4.5/5) A pleasent, quick tour for tea lovers.”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Make sure to take some time to sample the free tea (free makes it taste even better) before the tour starts.

The tour is well run the all of the guides that I have gone with have been very interesting and knowledgeable. The mint room is great, as is looking at all the bags of different ingredients from around the world.

My reason for only 4/5 is that it is a fine tour tour, but nothing spectacular.

Visited June 2012

Vail, Arizona
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Very nice and interesting factory tour.”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

You are able to sample any and all of their teas. The factory tour is very interesting. The tour guide was very knowledgeable and professional. Don't attend the tour on a Saturday if you are expecting the factory to be running. It is not guaranteed that it will be running on a Saturday because they run it 24/7 Monday-Friday. Closer to the holidays & winter months there is a better chance that it might be running on a Saturday. This place is definitely worth stopping if you are in the area.

Visited September 2012
Austin, Texas
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Free samples and first-rate factory tour”
Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

I love factory tours and had so much fun on this one! You start with free samples - all you can drink. They had 6 to choose from the day I went. Make sure you go to the bathroom before the tour starts though. ;)

The tour starts with a short film, which is informative. Kids have to be 5+, since this is a real factory. Hair nets are distributed (and beard nets if you have facial hair) and the tour starts.

I loved all the smells coming from the factory, but it can be a little slippery with dust. The mint room is quite powerful, so the menthol will clear your sinuses!

It's neat to see the lines and the machinery. Then you end up in the gift shop at the end. I found it a fun way to spend a couple of hours. I also had lunch in their cafe, which was pretty good, and enjoyed sitting outside.

Mesa, Arizona
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“I LOVE TEA”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

This was an excellent tour (although it is my first factory tour). My mother-in-law and I went and the entry ticket is an individual tea bag. We got Cherry something-or-other. The smells on the tour are amazing and the "mint" room will clear your sinus. Its interesting to see how the tea bags get in to those oh so difficult to open boxes in such a very short period of time. While in Boulder (if you have drank this stuff your entire life) this short, informative, nice smelling, tour is worth the stop.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank fitkids
lincoln,ne
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Unexpected fun!”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We saw the tour offered in a brochure I picked up at the rest stop near boulder. My friend and I are big tea drinkers and were thrilled to hear they offered tea tasting with the tour! We arrived about 10 minutes early, it allowed us some time to try the tea- it was fantastic (of course). We snooped around in the lobby at the art as we tasted tea. The tour begins with a typical video describing the company you are then issued a really attractive hair net (the staff loves to joke about the hair nets!) and led into the factory. The smell is fantastic. Bags and bags of fresh raw ingredients line the room and give off a fantastic aroma. Our tour guide was pretty fun and we enjoyed learning a few things about tea. The mint room is totally overwhelming but really neat! Your tour is capped off by seeing the actual packaging of the tea in the main part of the factory and seeing how the machinery works. Its not too loud (as other tours i've taken) and neat to see. they drop you off in their gift shop (of course) but it's a good chance to buy the teas you tasted (about $3/box- cheaper than my grocery store) that may not be available in your area. It was a fun way to spend an hour and we really enjoyed it!

Visited September 2012