“Not worth a second trip”
Review of Pastavino - CLOSED

Pastavino
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 11th
Description: PASTAVINO is a simple, organic Italian restaurant in Boulder.
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Had lunch here and we were one of three tables in the entire restaurant all through the lunch hour. I had to get up and ask to have a waitperson take our order. The pasta portions were very small, even for a lunch size and the pasta was flavorless and undercooked.

The service was inattentive and we had to ask to have beverage refills.

This is a very long narrow restaurant with nice decor. However, we were sitting on the far end of the restaurant, probably about 100 feet from the kitchen and our conversation was inaudible because the cooks were pounding veal so loudly throughout the lunch hour. It was so loud it gave me a headache and we could not hear one another. After we brought it to the attention of the owner they did stop the pounding but overall, this was not a place I would give a second try.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Food was really fresh and flavorful. Portions just the right size. Service was attentive without being overbearing, and server had extensive knowledge of wine list. Tried to go back the other night, but it was packed. Will go back another time.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

The place has a very nice deco.
The service lacks professionalism.
The gnocchi's very good, the carciofi pizza very good.
The pasta (all dishes) cold, under cooked. Had to returned them.
Their tiramisu, bad.
The owner and chef was flirting outside while the clients were not happy with the food!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Went here for dinner in March. We were initially surprised that this place was rather empty for a prime location, especially on a Friday night - should have known; never a good sign! Menu sounded good but food was just ok. Did not have a chance to try their wine list so can't comment on that. The service was poor and rushed and the overall experience is not going to have us visit again.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

My adult son and I went there this week on a Tues night, so obviously it was not too busy. Our service was exceptional by a well informed young lady. He started with mozzarella caprese (it's pretty hard to screw up) which was fresh and delicious, I had vegtable minestrone soup which was a tad on the bland side for my taste, but again fresh ingedients. My son had Petto di Pollo Ripieno, I enjoyed the veal which was tender and perfectly seasoned. Serving sizes were just right, and I wouldn't even mention that except for a previous review. Very reasonably priced, fresh ingredients, great service.